Canitaurs by Punga Miniatures

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:47 AM, Glitterwolf said:

WOOF APPROVES!

Good job, the Bard is my favorite, but they all look good.

Awesome reds on the Inquisitor's robes!

Thank you!  The bard is especially expressive.  the base color for the reds are the new pathfinder paints, Seoni Scarlet and Mirisel Red.  Decent coverage and they are only semi translucent rather than the usual transparency that goes with most reds.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:20 AM, Iridil said:

Wonderful set - my favorite is the bard - love the purples against the fur colors

Thanks.  I think that one is a universal favorite.  the purple did come out especially well!

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:58 PM, Lostraven said:

Bizarre minis, great paint job!

Thank you.  They were I little odd when I first looked at them but not really much different from a dragon or any other hexapod when you think about it. I don't think these will ever see mass production but they are pretty cute and definitely worth the double take when someone sees them for the first time and starts counting limbs ::D:

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:35 PM, Kuroneko said:

They look great! Even if they're the oddest minis I've seen in a while. My favourite is the Inquisitor, but they all have so much character :winkthumbs:

Thanks for that.  I should probably have spent more time cleaning them up (there is a reason I don't like resin) but I thought they came out pretty well.  They also did a set of Felitaurs that I have and will have to try at some point.  unfortunately they went with more exotic cats rather than the standard house cat and it makes them a little less attractive as gifts to cat owners. (I do not know anyone who has a pet sphinx)

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:52 PM, BrokenWolf668 said:

These are very, very nice, good work!

Thanks!  Glad you like them!

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Unit04
      Running out of "fun" groups of mini's to paint in Batman, these are pretty generic angry dogs.  I'm not a big fan of the pose.

• By Brianuk
      These are from wargames Atlantic. No conversions or kitbashing. I just brought a single sprue from ebay to try them out.

The figures were really easy to paint. There is a convention/understanding I think that if you were not a noble in dark ages to medieval Ireland the only dye colour you could use was yellow. I may try a different colour for the yellow on subsequent minis as not sure it is quite right.

I'm pleased with the dogs, which took barely any time to paint. Scale 75 brown gray, then an umber wash, then two grey drybrushes. And done. 

If I buy two or three more sprues I should have enough for a Saga war band or to use in skirmish games. I'd just need to get some cavalry and buy or make some elites. 

• By Pingo
      These are from the Thunderbolt Mountain set #8046, Wood Elf Huntsman w/ Dogs. The set includes two dogs, but you can buy extras.

The hunstman (not painted yet) comes with three weensy accessories to choose from: a bow, a sword, and a beautiful curling hunting horn.

The site claims these are 30mm, but if so they are the tiniest 30mm figures I have ever seen, small even next to the smaller Reaper elves. These hounds are big, real Irish wolfhounds, compared to the Thunderbolt Mountain figures and reasonable dog-sized compared to Reaper figures. Be that as it may, they are sculpted by the legendary Tom Meier and are just gorgeous.

I painted them up as part of Inarah's Memorial Day Paint Binge Challenge. The white one is in the memory of a beloved childhood pet.

• By terminalmancer
      I'm not 100% sure this is the right place to put this, but I've ended up needing a 28mm dog miniature, hopefully some sort of german shepherd in a standing or running pose. Does anyone know of a company/sculptor/manufacturer who happens to keep a sculpt of something like this in production? I've already shot Miniature Mojo an email but I'm guessing they're no longer producing them. They've been out of stock for years if forum posts on other, less trustworthy forums are to be believed.
    • By Darius Glenwell
      This is another batch for Cal's Pathfinder game. I've wanted to paint them up for some time, so 2 birds 1 stone on this one! It was fun painting the elder male as it was based on Robert Cruse (AKA Jester), one of Reaper's finest painters, and sculpted by the wonderful Sandra Garrity. I believe she did the other 2 as well. 
      Enjoy! 

• Who's Online   23 Members, 3 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)