Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I have a few WIPs that are taking forever, but I needed an alternate Kuo Toa faction for D&D tonight, so I went for it and “speed painted” these in about 4 hours.
I used both BCA Pink *and* Drow Nipple Pink as the main skin and spine colors! Do I get bonus points for that?
Here are the ones I did a few months before that took about 4 times longer over several weekends.
Can't make Deep One hybrids without Deep Ones; that just stands to reason. Got these fishy Bones fellas before the Bones Deep Ones came out. Probably overdid the metallics, and will probably do so again.
77215, Eregris Darkfathom I painted up first; did not notice it's a cultist in a fish suit; thought the face was part of the mouth. I do like the flowing robes and the coral scabbard.
77187, the Tiik Champion, is a delight. Huge and hunched-over, with a Dunkleosteus profile, truly a terrifying beast from an elder era.
77186, the Tiik Warrior, I'm pretty pleased with. 77212, the Baron, I should probably revisit and put some shiny razzamatazz on his fins one of these days.
There's one more fishy friend I need to post, but for reasons probably more aesthetic than biological, she is NSFW and will need to be linked.
A fitting adversary for the Benthic Walker and my aquanauts, this burly fishy brute packs a massive steampunky harpoon cannon and a cape made of human leather. (How aquatic species do their leather-tanning, I don't know, but it seems to work for this guy.)
He's also adorned with fishhooks, which must be a bold countercultural statement among fishmen. Like a necklace of bullets and syringes for a human, I guess.
Big fella, he came with a Large base but could pass for a very burly Medium creature in my opinion.
This brute is not some lungbreather hybrid from Innsmouth; this is 100% Deep One stuff.
Oh yes, also the rotten hands and bones on the gruesome cape. Trophies of the Ones that Got Away, perhaps?
I had two of the Deep One Priest and Servitor pack and thought it would be fairly straightforward to do an arm swap on one of the pairs. Turns out I was right. The staff arm for the priest is a glued socket joint so I just pried it out of the socket. I then carefully cut the same arm from the servitor at the shoulder joint. I drilled the servitor arm and the socket of the priest and joined the two with a pin cut from a plastruct rod (probably unnecessary, but I like overkill). On the servitor, I used my dremel to rough out a socket for the key post on the priest arm and glued them together. I then did very minor greenstuff on the seams of both. I also did a minor reposition on the servitor that wasn't altered. Here are comparison shots between original priest and servitor with their altered counterparts.
Who's Online 10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)