Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This little guy has been in my stash box forever, I never could decide on a paint scheme. And then, a few weeks ago, it hit me:
There's an old North German fairy tale about a fisherman who catches a flounder. The flounder begs the fisherman to release him, so he does. When he comes home, he tells his wife and she complains that he failed to ask the fish for a reward.
So the fisherman returns to the sea and calls the flounder to ask for a little house as a reward, because his wife wants it:
"Manntje, Manntje, Timpe Te, Buttje, Butte, in de See, mine Fruu, de Ilsebill, will nich so as ick wohl will!"
(Little man, little, man, * I have no idea what timpe te means *, flounder, flounder, in the sea, my wife Sibyl doesn't want things the way I would like them")
The wife, however is never satisfied for long and she sends the poor fisherman back to the flounder again and again to wish for grander and grander things. When finally his wife wants to be the same as god himself, the flounder has enough, and the fisherman and his wife go back to being poor.
So here is the flounder, about to build the little house for the fisherman, or the farm, or the palace, or to make the fisherman's wife king, or even pope. Anyway, the flounder is not amused.
This was a really quick paint job for me. I made the water with UV-Resin and sculpted some waves with water effects gel. I still have to get the hang of painting the foam on the crests of the waves, but I think it's a bit better than my first attempt at waves.
Anyway, here's the flounder, enjoy!
I have a few WIPs that are taking forever, but I needed an alternate Kuo Toa faction for D&D tonight, so I went for it and “speed painted” these in about 4 hours.
I used both BCA Pink *and* Drow Nipple Pink as the main skin and spine colors! Do I get bonus points for that?
Here are the ones I did a few months before that took about 4 times longer over several weekends.
Can't make Deep One hybrids without Deep Ones; that just stands to reason. Got these fishy Bones fellas before the Bones Deep Ones came out. Probably overdid the metallics, and will probably do so again.
77215, Eregris Darkfathom I painted up first; did not notice it's a cultist in a fish suit; thought the face was part of the mouth. I do like the flowing robes and the coral scabbard.
77187, the Tiik Champion, is a delight. Huge and hunched-over, with a Dunkleosteus profile, truly a terrifying beast from an elder era.
77186, the Tiik Warrior, I'm pretty pleased with. 77212, the Baron, I should probably revisit and put some shiny razzamatazz on his fins one of these days.
There's one more fishy friend I need to post, but for reasons probably more aesthetic than biological, she is NSFW and will need to be linked.
A fitting adversary for the Benthic Walker and my aquanauts, this burly fishy brute packs a massive steampunky harpoon cannon and a cape made of human leather. (How aquatic species do their leather-tanning, I don't know, but it seems to work for this guy.)
He's also adorned with fishhooks, which must be a bold countercultural statement among fishmen. Like a necklace of bullets and syringes for a human, I guess.
Big fella, he came with a Large base but could pass for a very burly Medium creature in my opinion.
This brute is not some lungbreather hybrid from Innsmouth; this is 100% Deep One stuff.
Oh yes, also the rotten hands and bones on the gruesome cape. Trophies of the Ones that Got Away, perhaps?
I had two of the Deep One Priest and Servitor pack and thought it would be fairly straightforward to do an arm swap on one of the pairs. Turns out I was right. The staff arm for the priest is a glued socket joint so I just pried it out of the socket. I then carefully cut the same arm from the servitor at the shoulder joint. I drilled the servitor arm and the socket of the priest and joined the two with a pin cut from a plastruct rod (probably unnecessary, but I like overkill). On the servitor, I used my dremel to rough out a socket for the key post on the priest arm and glued them together. I then did very minor greenstuff on the seams of both. I also did a minor reposition on the servitor that wasn't altered. Here are comparison shots between original priest and servitor with their altered counterparts.
Who's Online 18 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)