Glitterwolf

BENEATH THE WAVES by GLITTERWOLF

This will be another ongoing themed project.

*** David Attenborough Voice***

A huge portion of our Planet consists of water and even while we are exploring Space, the Seas and Oceans are still a mystery to us.

So far we have explored maybe about 5% of the Oceans, who is to say what lurks in the remaining 95%?.

Just a few decades ago we discovered that the Coelacanth, a fish thought to have been extinct for billions of years, was in fact still alive.

Sailors have reported strange sightings and stories about seamonsters have been told for centuries.

Fishermen Tales? Or is there some truth in these bold stories?

What DO we know of the Deep?

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 10

****David Attenborough Voice****

Sharks.

They can be found in every Sea and some even stray into rivers, most of them are harmless to mankind but every now and then accidents happen.

Sometimes a shark mistakes a human for a seal and attacks, usually it will let go after it realizes it's mistake, unfortunately the damage is then already done.

And then there are the few who do like human meat, adding to our fear of these majestic creatures.

There are many species and they come in all sizes.

No other animal sparks our imagination like the big predators though, the sight of a Great White or a Tigershark fills us with both fear and awe.

And it's this imagination that gave birth to many stories and legends.

For example, there is this legend among the Molokai people of Hawaii about Nanaue the Sharkman.

Lucky for us that's just a fairytale, there is no such thing as a sharkman!

DSCN1882.JPG

DSCN1883.JPG

DSCN1888.JPG

DSCN1891.JPG

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, Kuroneko said:

Looking good!

Are you going to paint him as a particular type of shark, or something new and unusual?

Right now primed in Grey Liner.

I'm not certain yet, on the one hand a Great White is an obvious choice because of his shape, but there are so many cool sharks out there.

Since it's a fantasy creature I might just pick a cool pattern and go with it.

image.png.e2980fcc5460c4d8cdd032e733ab23a5.pngimage.png.25cba79a3d5c5e148abfb8032b416f27.pngimage.png.08f04e056c1e056b8cba3980f3c8cbd0.pngimage.png.5772a34a181688a08fad902a846ebbc0.pngimage.png.09bb9a5662da92a392b746456d1a35cf.pngimage.png.4b6e4fdd58b843e89c54fc4d62126efc.png

• Like 9

I playfully vote the other end of the spectrum - albino Rainbow "shark" ^_^

Not quite sure why. Maybe a fox is sillier than usual today. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, lexomatic said:

I did a whale shark if you want inspiration

Inspiration is always good, show me if you like!

9 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I playfully vote the other end of the spectrum - albino Rainbow "shark" ^_^

Not quite sure why. Maybe a fox is sillier than usual today. 

You alright little fox?

A rainbow type creature might show up later, there will be tropical fish in this project so expect some vibrant colours for those.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

You alright little fox?

A rainbow type creature might show up later, there will be tropical fish in this project so expect some vibrant colours for those.

I'm good, was mostly being tongue in cheek about it, partially because they're such nice looking freshwater fish.  Nasty and unfriendly buggers once they realize they're usually one of the biggest ones in the fish tank though. 

The albino ones are rather gorgeous compared to the standard mostly black ones though.. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'm good, was mostly being tongue in cheek about it, partially because they're such nice looking freshwater fish.  Nasty and unfriendly buggers once they realize they're usually one of the biggest ones in the fish tank though. 

The albino ones are rather gorgeous compared to the standard mostly black ones though.. 

I meant healthwise..because you needed a check up?

1 hour ago, lexomatic said:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/88480-wizkids-deepcuts-shark/&tab=comments#comment-1880697

Looks worse than I remember. Just the paint scheme though, because the mini is a scary shark.

Ah yes I saw that, thanks for posting it here.

I'm still undecided, but there will be more sharks and rays and such coming for this project.

So any inspirational pics will be of help!

• Like 3

I love the idea!  My vote is for the great white, but with some of the stripe detail on the other versions.  Glad to see you still haunting the forums!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Glitterwolf said:

I meant healthwise..because you needed a check up?

Ah.  Still somewhat worn out from being out so late Tuesday (being up 26.5 hours not by choice is grueling), but they have two different theories they're working with for possible causes, so there is at least that :)  ER doc was leaning more towards the second theory, which is shoulder was tweaked when I fell (well, collapsed) in March, and so I'm guessing physio would be the fix for such... And it's a theory I'm kind of hoping is the root cause, because that one has a lot less tests and Hollywood voodoo annoying tests and the not cool kind of vampires (blood tests). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mousekiller said:

I love the idea!  My vote is for the great white, but with some of the stripe detail on the other versions.  Glad to see you still haunting the forums!

Thank you!

Hmm, a bit like a Tigershark or Leopard Shark on a Great White Base colour.. Sounds good.

As for the haunting, I'm a bit like weeds, can't get rid of me ^_^

15 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Ah.  Still somewhat worn out from being out so late Tuesday (being up 26.5 hours not by choice is grueling), but they have two different theories they're working with for possible causes, so there is at least that :)  ER doc was leaning more towards the second theory, which is shoulder was tweaked when I fell (well, collapsed) in March, and so I'm guessing physio would be the fix for such... And it's a theory I'm kind of hoping is the root cause, because that one has a lot less tests and Hollywood voodoo annoying tests and the not cool kind of vampires (blood tests). 

Hoping it is the least annoying option!

Glad to hear it isn't anything lifethreatening!

• Like 3