Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

60005 - Tazjh Raptor Hatchling

This little guy was a freebie from Bombshell Miniatures given out at Reapercon 2019. He is also available on their website.  I put him on a jungle base from Microarts.  Tried for some dark blue/grey coloration, wasn't happy with it, tried some green washes, but he kept turning blue again. Brushed a little green metallic on and he turned silver, did the green wash again with a different brand.  Decided I had messed around with it long enough. 

In the background is a 3-d printed stone bridge my husband made for me. Tabletop drybrush in shades of brown over a black base coat. 

DSCN1264.jpg.3db2e5c4fddaf806f3a5531f533e1a11.jpg

DSCN1265.jpg.1432c1f1720a5da042e301ecebe36f98.jpg

• Like 22

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Bombshell's Dr. Helen Salinger and GDF Security Officer both look like they would fit in with my Spacefuture Moon Communists of Lunarkompleks-Alfa. Particularly the Security Officer, whose hat matches the other Heresy Inspectors' very nicely. 

These are obviously working miniatures, so let's give them a job to do: generator maintenance and vending machine replacement! 

Here's 80053, the Starship Generator, and 49035, the soda machine, painted up as a Bouncy Bubble Beverage dispenser. (Drink B3--it's everyone's mandatory drink of choice! A variety of flavors from Extra Classic to Red Blast to Tastes Like Something Orange! All flavors may not be available at your clearance level. Check with your supervisor for details.)

Now, thanks to some revolutionary policy changes by the High Commissar (the working man's friend!) these choices can be supplemented with Slurm Classic! Slurm Tropical Explosion! Slurm XXTREME! and Slurm Ultra! Also radical new grain-based relaxant beverage called 'beer.' Spreading rumors that 'beer' is imported from the decadent Earth Government is treason. 

• By 72moonglum
      Hi guys and guyettes!

So continuing on with some Dennis Mize Children of the Night dinosaurs, here is the Monoclonius Agathaumas:

He went on a long, oval base because he was just too big for whatever circular ones I had. Tried to once again stay away from a green or grey color scheme. Not a very dramatic pose, just a dinosaur kind of hanging out, but I think he's pretty swell as far as dinosaurs go.  Not a triceratops, doesn't have those wonderful long horns on his head, just little nubs.   If I get so inspired, I'll go look up his name to see what actually is known about this particular type of dinosaur and where he lived, et cetera.

Back in the days of my youth, the seventies, we as kids really loved anything related to dinosaurs and cavemen.  But those were back in the days of pre-pre Jurassic Park, we had more Harryhausen as our main provider of cinematic dinosaurs, and whatever books we could get at book stores.  

Speaking of seventies dinosaurs, has anybody visited the Flintstone Park in South Dakota and is it still there?

• By lexomatic
      A request for more modern female minis, Dr Helen Salinger first,  because I found her first.
      I will be painting her as Cosima from Orphan Black.
      Mostly base coats today, though I did a bit more on the coat. Legs are rubbing off so I may need to re prime. Skin was a weird mix of new copper, sun yellow and heavy _(I forget the Vallejo name) skin.

• By Rigel
      I don't know precisely how the deal went down, but Bombshell's Neirans from their Counterblast line are pretty much Reaper Andromedans with a bit more height and bulk. (They also have some cycloptic Illyrians much like Sparg and one of the Alien Exotic Dancers.) This is one such, along with various colleagues we have seen before: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/91106-spacefuture-empress-messalina-iv-of-the-andromedans-and-vizier-as-zeta-reticulans/

Her Athame-Glaive demonstrates her ritual authority as General and Commander of the Empress's Fleet. (Before all this pandemic unpleasantness hit my home state, I visited New Mexico for a family vacation, and you BET I picked up some tabletop-scale flying saucers in Roswell.)

With a member of the Technician Caste: 

Making demands of the Chief Scientician: 
      "We need more SPEED, laboratory beetle! 3.2 c is simply not enough to take those witless Earthlings down before they can activate a counteroffensive!"
      "Feh! Cartilage-brained savage, there is only so far you can bend space before it starts bending back! Our wotta-metal hulls can withstand only so much hypergeometric translocation before giving way!"
      "THEN MAKE THEM STRONGER!"

Giving the Grand Vizier a piece of her mind (she's not the best at subtle intrigue, preferring to cut right to the point, or the throat, either way)

"So, scheming remipede, my underlings tell me that the platinum requisitioned for their catalytic cannon has been rerouted to the Citadel of Nobles."
      "A most unfortunate happenstance, War-Leader. Bureaucracy will err; I shall have the Commissariat ritually castigated."

"It was specifically rerouted to a guild of pleasure-barge manufacturers."
      "The less civic-minded among the nobility are known for their excess. Would that there were some way to curb their indulgences; I, your humble servant and that of Empire, have tried time and again to..."
      "The guild is under contract to build YOU a Sybaric Yacht!!"

"One must have some way to relax after the rigors of serving both Her Incomparable Majesty and the people, War-Leader; a very reasonable perquisite. It would be invidious to suggest otherwise. Now, to the point of this interlocution, if there is one?"
      "You always choose your words so carefully, Vizier. I'm so glad you chose 'point' right now."

• By Maledrakh
      The second add on tie-in to the Lost Valley: the Thunderfoot Behemoth, for 8 dollars in the kickstarter campaign.
      An almost-Triceratops, biggest difference is the crest of horns around the rim of it's skullplate that the fossil record does not quite support as far as I know.

I went with the same-ish colour for this and the thunderfoot defender sauroid, as they were painted at the same time, and why not?
      I ditched the original base and made a 125x100mm for it instead.

Paint big minis with big brushes! I used a 12mm wide make up brush for most of this mini.
      On a black undercoat I drybrushed the top half or so with Vallejo Green Brown 70.879 and from the bottom with Vallejo Nocturna Pale Flesh 74.015. I honestly don't remember the other colors...some reddish brown, an ochre yellow, a bone white and a few others. And when the paint was on, I used CItadel Athonian Camoshade to wash the whole thing, taking care to remove any pooling with a brush. After that was dry, I carefully drybrushed the main colours one more time to lighten them a bit. The horns were done in the pale flesh with the camoshade, and then drybrushed with two different off whites. Details like the eyes, based and done.

Also consider for a bit what kind of environment that promotes the evolution of this kind of size, armour and weaponry in prey animals. This is a twelve ton herbivore. with armour-piercing horns!
      in comparison, a heavy modern day Rhino clocks in at 2.2 tons. A triceratops could be more than five times that!

Yeah, it figures it would not have them if it did not need them...T-rexes and Triceratops did live at the same time and the same place...the late Cretaceous period, about 68 million years ago in what is now North America. This is about 75-80 million years after the jurassic period...so that park has a lie for a name.

A triceratops would be around 3m tall and 9m long, so the Thunderfoot is not far off it would seem. up to 12.000 kilos. That's a solid "oh HELL no!" on the fluffy scale.

Thunderfoot Behemoth
      an add on in the
      Bones 4 kickstarter, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      unknown sculptor
      Made in Classic Bonesium PVC
      probably available from reapermini.com soon

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)