Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

The Mandalorian

12 hours ago, strawhat said:

Nick Nolte is the ugnaut?

OK, never would have seen that coming...

No kidding.  I saw his name in the credits and it took be far to long to figure out which character he was playing.

"I have spoken"

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Beagle said:

The second episode was excellent, but seemed very very short. Anyone know what's going on with that?

According to IMDB, all remaining episodes will be the 30 minute format.  Not sure why, but I could use 20 minutes more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

OK, I'm a little concerned about the 1/2 hour format, but so long as they pack it full I'm not going to complain (much) about it.

I don't mind having questions, so long as they're good/interesting questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They seem to want to keep the Mandalorian as the dark silent type, so with minimal dialog is there really a need for 50-60 minute episodes? I'll admit that I was upset about it at first, but E2 didn't leave me feeling like they cut anything or that it was too short; there was still plenty of action and story there, just not a lot of rambling or monologuing.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2019 at 4:25 PM, kristof65 said:

Yeah, that's why I try to mostly just enjoy Star Wars in the moment, rather than think about it later.  

I get that basis, but Star Wars has a long history of naming even the most minor characters.   To have a main character unnamed may fit with the spaghetti western influence, but it is not typical Star Wars.  I feel that the fans will start clamoring for his name, and that the longer they go without naming him, the more disappointed fans will be when they finally do name him. 

Star Wars also has a long history of terribleness that makes Star Wars history less relevant. Also, he's 'The Mandalorian', which is good enough for toy marketing, which is the only reason they named everything (see: Snaggletooth).

And personally, I miss the times when nobody listened to the fans. I can't imagine how terrible HP Lovecraft's work would've been if he took input from modern Lovecraft fans. There'd be tentacles everywhere and nary a whiff of suspense. Also, "Fans" tends to mean "loudmouths on the Internet". Since I've been a fan of Star Wars since 1977 and have never made my opinion known to Lucasfilms, as I'm sure the majority of people who enjoy Star Wars have not. People who want to gripe about the amount of midichlorians needed to lade a European swallow, on the other hand...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For anyone truly looking to try and "jump the queue" and discover the Mandalorian's name (for all the good it would do you), there is some information out there.

I can't guarantee it's accurate, but it's out there.

• Like 1

This article hints that part of the runtime shortness is that the season budget averages $12.5 Million per episode

https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-episodes-runtime-short-reason-star-wars-show/

Also, interesting speculation that Lucas may have had a hand in exploring more about Yoda's race because he's always been highly protective of it.

https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-show-star-wars-george-lucas-betrayal/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As it turns out, there may be another Easter Egg/Cameo in Ep. 1.

Tough to say.

Depends on what actually happened with the scenario hinted at in Aftermath.

My wife and I have watched both episodes so far and both times, we were just settling in when the episodes came to an end.  My wife looked at me and she's not even a gamer and said "That's it?  He only completed a small quest!", which pretty much sums it up, with a little development on the relationship side between who I imagine will be the 2 main protagonists.  

Like the use of puppets, more physical costumes and props, but with only 10 episodes in the season, I'm not sure how much actual story telling is going to happen...  

Based on other comments in this thread, I may have to go back and finish reading/reread Aftermath.  

• Like 3

The only thing I can say about episode 3 without giving any spoilers...  Had a feeling it would come to that, and ohhhhhh yeah, epic.

That is all.

• Like 3