SamuraiJack

The Mandalorian

49 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

At present there are four, such falls under the guidance of even the guy version of "a couple" ::P:

yes, but @Rahz said they had already seen the first two episodes.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kristof65 said:

LOL!

Well, my explanation is that I'm American, and we haven't listed to the British for centuries. I don't know @Jasper_the_2nd's explanation. :devil:

4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'm not Jasper_the_2nd, but over here in the prairies we haven't listened to the brits for ages. 

4 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Sorry, my sister got to met the Queen when I was a kid. Lost all respect for the monarchy at that point.....<_<

You all make me very sad. Punishment will be swift following reestablishment of Imperial rule.

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Beagle said:

You all make me very sad. Punishment will be swift following reestablishment of Imperial rule.

Dude, I can see the off-whites of your eyes from here. Kind of a cool gray, really. With some visible small veins and pink in the corners.

Come on along if you want, but I'd recommend ducking.

:poke:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

yes, but @Rahz said they had already seen the first two episodes.  

Oh, right.  Totally forgot about that.

1 hour ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Dude, I can see the off-whites of your eyes from here. Kind of a cool gray, really. With some visible small veins and pink in the corners.

Come on along if you want, but I'd recommend ducking.

:poke:

You just want to see a beagle go end over end, don't you...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Beagle said:

We civilians have more guns than your Empire has people....

• Like 1

The 4th episode felt very episodic to me, but I liked. Cara Dune was only in this episode, but she and others will most likely show up in later episodes and do stuff. Despite being a bottle episode, it showed something very important for the storyline:

Spoiler

The Mandalorian wanted to leave the Yodaling behind because he believed that the other hired guns are mostly going after him and the Yodaling would be safely hidden. The fact that the bounty hunter ignored the Mandalorian's big shiny britches and trained his sights on the little green kid shows that he and others like him are purely focusing on the Yodaling, and the Mandalorian is merely incidental to them. Mando realizes this and understands that he has to keep his little sidekick with him to keep him safe.

Also, when the little girl hugged Yodaling, did anyone else hear the voice saying "I'm going to miss you so much." It didn't sound like the girl at all, but I might be mistaken.

• Like 4

My favorite episode thus far.

Great sidekick ("Was that the plan?" "Kinda"), great kid interaction, amazingly emotional scene by a guy in a full helmet, and dat ATST coming out of the woods. Heck, the ATST before the reveal! 

Feels like something bigger might be coming where he needs to crew up. Nolte, Weathers, a repaired IG unit, and Cara Dune? Epic crew already.

• Like 3

I would just like to thank all you wonderful people for having a 4 page discussion about a show without spoiling things.  :bday:

With 2 episodes out that we have not watched, tomorrow night's agenda includes some wine, cheese fondue and The Mandalorian. Oh, and the wife!! 

Not sure what we're feeding the kids yet, but I'm sure they can figure something out.  ;-)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Hmmm.

Not sure what to make of this new episode, but I think I know why we got a filler episode in last week...I suspect we've got a roller coaster coming with only three episodes left.

It's going to be a long wait for season 2.  Luckily, I can use that time to rewatch Clone Wars and get into Rebels.

• Like 2

My biggest thought about chapter five is I love how there are so many epic women, in actual proper roles too, not just half-baked ones... 

I definitely have to agree about things building up though..