Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

The Mandalorian

1 hour ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I watched that Friday at lunch.  I guess I only commented on it in the 3D printer discussion. If I had a resin printer it would be printing right now.

I'm assuming those are references to:

Hide contents

Moff Gideon's weapon reveal.  It has some history.

Sorry, I don't know how to make my own spoiler... I thought that was a vibro weapon (which I know was just from the old expanded universe novels).

Edited by ksbsnowowl
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

On 12/27/2019 at 8:22 PM, strawhat said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know what you want to mention.

If we're thinking about the same thing, I was quite surprised by it.  At first it was an "OK, that's happening," thing.  And then, "wait--did I just see?"  And then the reveal...

And I'm definitely enjoying every single appearance of one particular character...And such a great scene with so much *crunch*.

So I must somehow be dense.  I can't figure out what you guys are referencing here (though I haven't rewatched the last episode since the day it dropped).

I was referring to two things:

The first is indeed the Darksaber.  When I watched Gideon cut through the hull of the TIE, I was thinking that they were over-doing the reveal that he'd survived the crash...then I noticed that the cutting device had the black blade, I had a split-second pause as I've seen Clone Wars (but not Rebels).  When we get the full reveal of Gideon standing there holding the Darksaber, I realized that the reveal wasn't so much Gideon's survival, but the Darksaber!  So I was pretty surprised.

The second is the blacksmith.  She kind of annoyed me when we were introduced to her, but by the end she's become one of my favorites.  The scene where she took down the troopers was fantastic.  Dropping one of the troops into the forge?  Crushing another's helmet?  *kerrunch*

• Like 3

I think I can remember more or less what my thoughts were on..  Yeah, there be spoilers within the spoiler.

Spoiler

- IG is epic.  Yeah, that's the first one that had me all "YESSSSSS!"  That was a rather lovely scene for me..

- The forgemaster / forge guardian / blacksmith / whatever-she's-called.  So glad to see that fight, and how she outright OWNS the stormtroopers.  Was especially impactful to me after the sorrow that was just a minute before..

- IG actually has depth.  Yup, lava flow section, but especially that tense section between him and the Mandalorian (I also refuse to call him Mando)

- That is one epic way to take out a Tie Fighter

I probably missed something, but eh.  It was a rather lovely episode, full of a lot of scenes that just felt right, tied up a number of things, and gave actual meaning and emotion to some other things.

• Like 4

On 1/8/2020 at 10:49 PM, Clearman said:

Did anyone else find themselves singing along by the end?

I most certainly was.

That was pretty awesome. ::):

The Auld Grump

• Like 3

The best thing aboit The Mandalorian is that is a completely original concept.

Lone Wolf & Yoda is a great show!  ^_^

The Auld Grump - I'd purple that, but it is funnier without. ::P:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

The best thing aboit The Mandalorian is that is a completely original concept.

Lone Wolf & Yoda is a great show!  ^_^

The Auld Grump - I'd purple that, but it is funnier without. ::P:

Nothing new under the sun.

No offense, I'm really tired of hearing that "complaint".

• Like 2

On 1/16/2020 at 10:01 AM, CashWiley said:

Nothing new under the sun.

No offense, I'm really tired of hearing that "complaint".

It was not a complaint - I also enjoyed both Seven Samurai and The Magnificent Seven.

Sometimes something is an imitation, and other times it is homage to an inspiration.

I think this comes under the homage heading.

I still wish I could find the movie that was introduced to me as 'A Japanese Romeo and Juliet', circa 1980 or so.

Very similar plot to the Shakespeare version, but with a completely different ending, well aside from them committing suicide.

The two Daimyos  had decided to use the secret wedding of their two children as the basis for becoming allies - and though the two young idiots had committed suicide, the two families 'are allies to this day'.

The Auld Grump

• Like 6