Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Working on the Stone Giant. I'm looking for any constructive criticism but especially of the highlighting on the flesh. Not sure if I am finished or if it needs more highlights on the flesh. Everything else just is base colors and has not been worked on other than that. He came missing the the left hand and club.
My exchange partner this time around was @Corporea. She was one of those troublesome ones that are fine with anything. This of course means that I am free to do anything, so what I did was use her as an excuse to test out airbrushing my Vallejo Air Metallics. Because of that this mini is a little more metallic than I might have otherwise done. The aluminum didn't want to airbrush, or hand brush for that matter, so I may have a bad bottle. Other than that they all worked as expected. I.e. you can create a TMM effect by combining these paints with a regular paint for the shadows.
I also tried my hand at a mosaic tile base. The area I started with isn't as good as the rest of the base, but seeing as I am already late I didn't go back and take even more time to repaint that area. Overall I thought it turned out pretty well, though I don't believe I'll be doing it on cork again. While I thought the imperfections in the surface could work as missing tiles, in practice they just ended up being in inconvenient places.
But unfortunately I had to stick a mini on it.
Full frontal metal shiny.
And rotating around for those that want to look.
I also attempted to create the look of texture by applying leather colors in a series of parallel lines. I kind of liked it but at the same time I'm not sure that it comes across as any particular type of texture.
And that's it for my 2019 exchange. Next year I might even try to be on time.
Hey, all! Its been a little while and I finally sat down and painted something. I put these guys together and I'm really happy with the shading. I wanted to put some water on the bases, so I tried wrapping them with plastic and pouring realistic water in. It... did not go according to plan. The water cured unevenly, shrank, left weird tide lines, partially peeled off... Basically everything that could go wrong with it went wrong. Luckily, I had sealed the model before pouring the water, so I was able to peel it off with an exacto and some tweezers. I salvaged what I could and I think they still look pretty good.
WizKids Dungeons & Dragons
I present to you the almost nuclear looking troll that utilizes FolkArt's Ultra Dye "Purple Rain" as its inspiration and base shadow and wash. Also included in the skin triad are Reaper Blood Red and Reaper Brilliant Red for the highlights.
I'll add the remaining paint list later when they are in front of me. For now, pictures:
Some close up shots:
Who's Online 21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)