Sign in to follow this  
Corsair

Box game?

Did Warlord start out as a boxed game set? I saw one at my FLGS last night and wondered if that was the starting point for the game. Thanks

Warlord was a softback book made by Reaper. The various factions almost all had a army book. I think 2 factions didn't receive one, but it didn't matter as the stats were either in the Core rules or online. The books didn't come out as Reaper focused on the next expansion (new factions) hardback book.

Reaper's Apocalypse/Dark Heaven mini game was a box set, but IIRC it was more of a traditional wargame.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There was a boxed 2-player set for Warlord... That's why I have the rule book. The two factions were Crusaders and... Overlords, I think.

There were also faction boxes, of which I have the Razig set.

I guess the question is, how big is the box at your store? If it'll hold a full sized RPG book, it's a two-player starter box. If it's about half that size, it's a single faction set. 

AFAIK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

It would definitely hold a full size rulebook so I presume it is the 2 player one. Thanks for helping me scratch the mental itch!

• Like 1