Sign in to follow this  
Mutilatedlips

Vatanis, Maggotcrown Necromancer - 03846

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      Vatanis came in my  Paint & Take Home Survival Kit, and I started him off as part of the craft paint challenge, but it just wasn't working. 

So he got set aside for a couple of months, until I saw Cicciopiu's magnificent rendition.  I leaned on it heavily for inspiration

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/92152-vatanis-maggotcrown-warlock-sku-44052/

He has so, so many details.  I could put much more time into this, but I had reached a point where I had to stop. 

• By Otyugh
      This mini of my favorite evil mage type figures. I painted it a while back, and it has seen heavy use (gaming, displaying, a few moves, an a couple of stunt dives off a congested gaming table). I plan on touching up the chipped areas (see edge of scroll), but I would like to know how to make the paint more durable for future minis.

The Callus figure was de-flashed, sanded, primed, painted, and then given a clear coat.

• By Vacaroja
      Spent the last couple nights painting up this little guy. Went with the traditional colors of red skin for a D&D tiefling.

• By Tolex Cat
      I'm painting this up for the BBEG this weekend. Last night I tried the layering technique for black by using multiple thin layers of complementary colors. Someone posted the artist and demo on the Reaper fan page a couple of weeks back when someone asked about painting black. If anyone knows the artist or link, please let me know since I can't find it. I highly recommend it. While these pics don't show the various tones of colors, it looks like rich black with some depth vs going flat like some black paints do. I love the effect. However, I will say it doesn't work as well on something more curvy. I was also trying it on another mini for her top and she'd very curvaceous. It looked a little weird so I just repainted it.

So that being said, I'd love some thoughts on what to do about the collar piece and gloves he has. Should I do the same black treatment or go with a different color? I think I'm going to do his pants in a gray so the focus is more on his armor. Thanks!
  • Who's Online   34 Members, 2 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)