Sign in to follow this  
FluffyDustBunny

Need Help Identifying Miniature

I have a miniature that I can't identify. I have searched through all of the associated miniature related websites and asked various people both in real life and online and no one seems to be able to identify it. I have spent countless hours trying to identify this miniature. So, I thought that I might try posting it here to see if anyone is able to assist me. I have included both a photo of the miniature itself and the underside of the base. I have a weird nagging memory from decades ago of a conversation that I had with its original owner that it could have possibly been a part of a game set (i.e. like a game board) but that was several decades ago and I don't trust my memory. Anyway, the figure is holding a shield with a symbol on it, so maybe someone might even recognize it?

The bottom of the base is really hard to see and I have spent literally hours staring at it trying to decipher it. The shape of the bottom is irregular. There appears to be a dotted box (or circle?) around an identification mark or symbol and a three digit number that appears below it. The year is shown as ©82. The three digits could be 601 or even 60T. The inscribed info is really hard to read and there is a chance for variance so it might even be 1001, or 001, or even something else. The height measures 28 mm and it weighs 24 grams.

I have included a photo of the miniature and also two photos of the base (the one with the red cloth was taken without a camera flash and the other one was with the flash.... this was done to show different details that can be seen depending on the lighting).

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

DSC04318.JPG

DSC04468.JPG

DSC04309.JPG

• Like 1

There are two weapons. One is a sword that is held in his right hand with the scabbard still at his waist on the left. The other is what looks like a dagger that is still in its sheath which is slung around his chest (hung from left shoulder and at the right hip). In his left hand he is holding the shield. I am attaching addition photos as requested.

Photo 1: Sword (Please ignore the blue paint.... I'm still working on getting it cleaned off. Blue paint was added many years ago.)

Photo 2: Sword (mostly shows the hilt from the figure's front) and the sheathed side dagger.

Photo 3: Sword Scabbard

Photo 4: Shield

Photo 5: Front of Head

Photo 6: Right Profile of Head

Photo 7: Left Profile of Head

1.jpg

2.JPG

5.jpg

4.jpg

fronthead.jpg

righthead.jpg

lefthead.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Looks like a Heritage model....

Seeing the weapon would help.

The Auld Grump

this was my idea as well, the style is similar to their Undead One.

Spoiler

Heritage-KnightsMagick-1442a.jpg

Can't seem to find this one as of yet though.

16 hours ago, Corsair said:

He has a stickman on his shield?

It is a cross with the lower limb forked ? (or something; I know there’s a term for it.) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TGP said:

It is a cross with the lower limb forked ? (or something; I know there’s a term for it.) 

Order of the Ginseng Root?

4 hours ago, TGP said:
21 hours ago, Corsair said:

He has a stickman on his shield?

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

Order of the Ginseng Root?

A Cross Patée, Fourchée in Base. 

That is ^ the herald’s wording. In plainer English:

A  Cross Patty (with flared ends; like an Iron Cross) but with the bottom limb Forked. 

• Thanks 1

I really appreciate everyone who has is trying to help me identify this piece. I have spent more hours trying to identify this miniature than probably is healthy or safe for anyone's sanity. Lol! *grin*

Before posting here, I thoroughly looked through all of the images that I could find from Heritage and wasn't able to find anything. I was desperate, so I even looked for possible things related to Tolkien because the symbol on the shield kind of reminded me of the Tolkien symbol or maybe an artist's interpretive rendition of the Tree of Gondor (or maybe even some kind of world trees based on mythology like Yggdrasil etc.) but wasn't able to find anything. 

The observations I was able to make were that the body of the miniature is very detailed, but the artwork on the head was clunky and awkward. The artwork on the body and such is very detailed so that even the backside of the shield has the hand and arm that is gripping the straps, and even shows the rivets where the straps attach to the shield using rivets. Compared to the crude artwork on the head it is worth mentioning.

TGP: Thank you for the blazon for the shield. In real life, I've had a bit of a rough day and it actually made me very happy to see someone else who speaks herald. *warm smile* 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, FluffyDustBunny said:

I really appreciate everyone who has is trying to help me identify this piece. I have spent more hours trying to identify this miniature than probably is healthy or safe for anyone's sanity. Lol! *grin* 

I know that feel, mate.

I don't think the insignia on the shield would be Gondor-related... given the skull thing on the belt buckle.

I dunno why but I'm getting more of a celtic vibe from the mini in general.

• Like 2

It looks like a Max Carr sculpt. Which would make sense that he looks like a Heritage miniature. Max did most of the Dungeon Dweller line.  If it is one of his then trying looking at Custom Cast, Realm Miniatures and Barony Miniatures and maybe go through Heritage again.

Edited by Heisler
  • Like 5