Sign in to follow this  
Auberon

Garghuk, Ogre Cheiftain

He turned out great!  It really caught my eye.  Everything looks super smooth - the skin and especially the face are excellent.  Eyes are spot on too - nice and beady.  He looks mean!

The details on the ropes and pouch are very nice as well.  Kudos!

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By vegascat
      I made this model at a Reaper Bones make & take at Historicon 2015(?).  I really enjoyed making him and thought he turned out well and had plans to paint him one day......and then the Secret Sophie came along and my recipient wanted a cool monster or creature and I thought this model fit the bill in spades.   The main model I used is KAGUNK, OGRE CHIEFTAIN (https://www.reapermini.com/search/ogre/latest/77105), armed with a demonic looking whip, using a sarcophagus lid as a shield (https://www.reapermini.com/search/crypt/latest/77137), legs from...something (gryphon maybe), spines from a small dragon, and some various heads as trophies around his waist. 

I decided to name him Takzez and have given him two brief write ups - one as a bad guy and one as a good guy.  However, I do want to have the receiver to have something to himself and he can let me know later if he'd like me to share that info or not later.  But in the meantime, here he is.  Apologies for the photos, I rushed as it is already late.

I do wish I'd had more time to work on his skin and legs, although the skin turned out tons better than my first attempt at it.  Oh wow, I am going to hit that inner bottom corner on the shield with a was a few times before I send it.

C&C welcome!

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Ashlynn the Vampire. 
      Originally a Dark Elf Priestess mini by Reaper, she lost an ear tip at some point during the manufacturing process, so I removed the other rendering her human, then the paint scheme went in a very vampirey direction.

Not one of my best paint jobs, although I am rather pleased with her face and hair, but it was one of my fastest, it's very rare for me to finish a mini in a week.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received. 
    • By 72moonglum
      So here’s my question, got this little person with my last Reaper order, and I just wonder a little.  The miniature is a little bit heavier set or “thicker” than the concept art, and I’m just wondering, does everything think this is a gnome lass and not a young gnome beardless gentleman?

She’s kind of similar to the other set that has a very obvious gnomish lady:

Just wondering if everybody else has painted this little hooded gnome as a lass?
    • By 72moonglum
      Okey dokey, filling out the third of the quartet of cave persons:

and him hanging out with his prehistoric homies:

Fourth cave person coming soon!

• Who's Online   37 Members, 2 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)