• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Thrym
      After assembling the Graveyard Golem I decided I wanted to adjust the warp of the gates on the golem's back.

So using two copper staples, I shaped them to an arch and gouged a notch on each wing.  Then cut the staple to leave a sharp point.  After that, I insert the staple using pliers and force.

Next I will secure the wire to the gate posts with superglue and then shape the wire and wing to the desired warp.  Once setup I will glue the wire to the remaining gate bars.

With the main new bars secured, I will intertwine some floral wire to dress up the bars and gate wings.

Stay tuned and Enjoy.  Please stay safe. 
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Unfurl the mainsails and weigh anchor!  Finally got around to showing off this fantastic pirate captain mini.  Though I've collected quite a few pirate minis in preparation for a nautical D&D campaign, this model was the first I have painted outside of the LTP Kit.  I felt he was missing something pretty important so I sculpted a hat for him.  Pretty happy with the result.  You can see more about how I painted him and my other nautical-themed minis in my Dark Tide WIP thread HERE.

I am most proud of the jacket and sleeves which I wanted to appear as worn leather.  I think I was successful.  I look forward to painting up a crew for this captain.  Recently discovered a few pirate crews from Warmachine that are calling my name.
    • By Iridil
      Another tabletop lady - tried stronger source lighting and focused on trying to smoothly blend the very pale skin. Also managed to make a reasonable base with the greenstuff roller this time  - so overall happy to try these things out on her, including the flowers.

• By Kuroneko
      Well, I'm back in lockdown. Full, nothing open, don't leave your house, furloughed lockdown. Fortunately, Reaper have started the Reaper Challenge League, which coincides nicely with me having a lot of extra painting time. I'm already in a duo and trio for the league with @Thoramel, @Pochiand @Evilhalfling, but the Fire or Ice category really intrigued me. I love doing fire dragons so I almost started on Narthrax, but then I remembered that I've got a Roc from Bones 4 that I'd always wanted to do as a phoenix. So why not kill two birds with one stone(or roc)?

I'd forgotten just how big this 'mini' was  that's a 1cm grid on the cutting mat.

Nevertheless, I started under the watchful eye of my painting assistant

First up, a decent coat of Pure Black

Onto the horror, picking out the details with Garnet Red. This took forever, and almost broke one of my old brushes.

I started brightening the feathers with Brilliant Red, you can see how much difference it makes in the lower wing.

....and both upper wings are highlighted. All I have to do now is apply the red to the undersides of the wings, body and head of the birdie. Shouldn't take too long!

I may have started on Narthrax too.... there's only so much red one person can take!

Thanks for looking everyone. It's been a bit of a slog so far, but it should get easier from now on.

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi everyone.  Got a couple more demons for you today.  This is a pair of Bones Fly Demons for use as Chasme in D&D.  These guys could also serve double duty as Giant Flies for Rangers of Shadow Deep.

More Below the Spoiler:

Feel free to check out more of my demons and devils in my Blood War project HERE.

If anyone has any leads on other interesting giant fly minis please share them, as I've been finding it difficult to find good models for RoSD.

Also, how do you paint insect wings?  They're such a unique feature in the animal kingdom and I'd love to see how you go about it?
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)