Odd Citadel product

So browsing MM for their BF sale & I come across this from Citadel/GW

gw-66-17.jpg

All the title says is Citadel Colour Spray Stick & there is no description, other then

Manf: Games Workshop

Contents:
1 Spray Stick
1 Detachable Handle
50 Elastic Bands

Instantly I thought it was rubber band shooter, but it got me to look at GW's website to see what purpose this actually does: 

99239999106_ColourSprayStick02.jpg

Ie something I can accomplish with double stick tape & a piece of cardboard......sigh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, haldir said:

Ie something I can accomplish with double stick tape & a piece of cardboard......sigh.

I use blu-tack, but same principle.

Actually, one thing that I have seen done that works well for getting all the surfaces with a spray can is a mailing tube...

Scary thing is that people will actually buy this!

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, ratsmitglied said:

Actually, one thing that I have seen done that works well for getting all the surfaces with a spray can is a mailing tube...

Same - I’ve been putting units in a wood strip with blu tack for priming/basecoating.  The big paint stirring sticks you get free at Home Depot or a paint store would be perfect for this too.

9C59875B-90E3-4DDD-B2B6-2C43B3F6179F.thumb.jpeg.b6720487d01343fab6cf1f05e0589a23.jpeg

• Like 7
8 minutes ago, ratsmitglied said:

Soooo very true.

As evident in MM's GW listings. They are almost always Out of Stock when they appear in the New items section.

I just noticed the method of the spraying, you gonna get more on the stick then the minis. ha ha

5 minutes ago, rubegon said:

Same - I’ve been putting units in a wood strip with blu tack for priming/basecoating.  The big paint stirring sticks you get free at Home Depot or a paint store would be perfect for this too.

9C59875B-90E3-4DDD-B2B6-2C43B3F6179F.thumb.jpeg.b6720487d01343fab6cf1f05e0589a23.jpeg

When RCon'ners stayed the HGI, they had these paddle like coffee stirrers. Those were nice for small items. I need to grab a bunch when I stay at HGI in January. :poke:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ratsmitglied said:

Mailing tube?  Explain.

1 hour ago, rubegon said:

You just buy these from me by chance? :)

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, BLZeebub said:

Mailing tube?  Explain.

You just buy these from me by chance? :)

I assumed they meant blu-tacking them to the surface of a mailing tube to make it easier to spray from a low angle?

Nope - I missed the B4 KS, but bought the whole Fan Favorites expansion on eBay earlier this year.  I *do* need another enlarged duergar or two though, so if you know a guy ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BLZeebub said:

Mailing tube?  Explain.

1 hour ago, rubegon said:

I assumed they meant blu-tacking them to the surface of a mailing tube to make it easier to spray from a low angle?

Yep, Blu-tack the figures to the mailing tube and you can then rotate the tube around to get the figures from all angles.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow, this is... Wow.  Okay, it's nice you technically don't have to mess with any oddball things like blutak and/or two sided tape, but... How is this any different than the cereal box / cardboard box method? 

Edit: looking at the pic again, gawds if you spray like that you'll be wearing more than the models will get, not to mention you're going to be dealing with needle fouling and/or clogging pretty quickly on those $18 (or are they even more now, since the price increases) rattle cans... 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, rubegon said:

Nope - I missed the B4 KS, but bought the whole Fan Favorites expansion on eBay earlier this year.  I *do* need another enlarged duergar or two though, so if you know a guy ...

Re mailing tubes:  I prefer either my spray box--on top or inside to control overspray, or just...cardboard and tack (or balance!).

Just sold my derro, but I have a lot on thE bay right now (junctionmonkey). 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

It's a plastic lath with a handle?

WHY?!

Because they're selling it to a bunch of ten year olds that have never been in a hardware store in their lives? 

Good grief, if they went elsewhere for hobby supplies they might realise just how overpriced most of their stock actually is :ph34r:

(Apart from the mold line scraper whatchamacallit thing. That's well worth it)

• Like 3