Sign in to follow this  
BrokenWolf668

Agramon, Pit Fiend 77112

40 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

That's a pretty cool look for him, actually.  

Thanks, the amount of surface texture makes blending and traditional highlighting a little problematic, so I think it's a good fit, and I still have a several other fire demons to paint, so I didn't want to do a whole bunch of red demons.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BrokenWolf668 said:

Thanks, the amount of surface texture makes blending and traditional highlighting a little problematic, so I think it's a good fit, and I still have a several other fire demons to paint, so I didn't want to do a whole bunch of red demons.

Yeah, he's ultra-textured.  I painted mine red when I did him in Bones, later came by the metal one so might do him different.  And being gray, he'll both look nice next to the fire demons as a demon/devil and can double as a super king gargoyle.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Yeah, he's ultra-textured.  I painted mine red when I did him in Bones, later came by the metal one so might do him different.  And being gray, he'll both look nice next to the fire demons as a demon/devil and can double as a super king gargoyle.  

I may pick up another one for myself later, this guy's destined to be a Christmas present, as is pretty much everything I'm painting at the moment. Also, I think I may do another one and actually work up the courage to give OLS a try.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BrokenWolf668 said:

Also, I think I may do another one and actually work up the courage to give OLS a try.

Please do, I'm anxious to see how it turns out! I was just thinking when I saw the pics for this one "man, that's really crying out for some o' that OLS".

10 hours ago, fyrissian said:

Please do, I'm anxious to see how it turns out! I was just thinking when I saw the pics for this one "man, that's really crying out for some o' that OLS".

I'll post when I do, but I've got a LOT of practicing to do.

2 hours ago, Iridil said:

Nice take on the figure - love the textured look, like desiccated thick leather - a cross between rhino skin and stone. 

Thanks, I'm really happy with him.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kangaroorex
      Just thought i would put these up to show off the new party making their way through saltmarsh.  A party of six graduates from the civilized lands, roped into fulfilling a debt by their mentors.  At least they are working together...  they arent my finest work but for 6 hours of painting, they will do nicely for our little gaming group and the group enjoyed the surprise of coming to their second session to discover they all had custom painted minis!

we have a Halfling fighter
      an elven thief with a fixation for daggers
      a halfling bard
      the blue dragonborn priest of Protos
      the black Dragonborn warlock (had to create the head.  I couldnt find a dragonborn mini with an 8 strength...)
      and a Human ranger from the backstreets and slums

hope you enjoy them, i dont know how long they will last....

• By Darcstaar
      Here is my Callie.
      I painted her as a second WIP for my BONES 1 attempts.
      I really like the sculpt.  I painted her as a half-orc or orc.  She has some freckles, nice green gems, and some ivy freehand on the cloak.

Here is a link to the WIP.
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86283-darcstaar-vs-bones-1-ep-2-callie/
      Enjoy.
      C&C Welcome.

• By Maglok
      Another villager from me. :) This is a 03856 Townsfolk: Courtesan

Got this one done at a painting day in about 3 hours of work, but interrupted by cups of tea. :)
    • By PhantomAquarist
      Spent the last three days doing new techniques I've never done before. First-time face texturing, using an airbrush, and first time NMM. 

• By vegascat
      I made this model at a Reaper Bones make & take at Historicon 2015(?).  I really enjoyed making him and thought he turned out well and had plans to paint him one day......and then the Secret Sophie came along and my recipient wanted a cool monster or creature and I thought this model fit the bill in spades.   The main model I used is KAGUNK, OGRE CHIEFTAIN (https://www.reapermini.com/search/ogre/latest/77105), armed with a demonic looking whip, using a sarcophagus lid as a shield (https://www.reapermini.com/search/crypt/latest/77137), legs from...something (gryphon maybe), spines from a small dragon, and some various heads as trophies around his waist. 

I decided to name him Takzez and have given him two brief write ups - one as a bad guy and one as a good guy.  However, I do want to have the receiver to have something to himself and he can let me know later if he'd like me to share that info or not later.  But in the meantime, here he is.  Apologies for the photos, I rushed as it is already late.

I do wish I'd had more time to work on his skin and legs, although the skin turned out tons better than my first attempt at it.  Oh wow, I am going to hit that inner bottom corner on the shield with a was a few times before I send it.

C&C welcome!

• Who's Online   27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)