Sign in to follow this  
GodOfCheese

Vandorendra, Snake Demon

Pictures cropped for nudity.  For uncensored results, see here.

Although I don't think Mariliths are poisonous, I decided to paint her with coral snake colors, which was a bit tricky to get right.

IMG_1111.resized.png

IMG_1112.resized.png

IMG_1114.resized.png

IMG_1115.resized.png

IMG_1116.JPG

• Like 22

5 hours ago, BrokenWolf668 said:

Nice! Great minds think alike, I did the same with Avukavali.

Thank you!   Yours is great too-- it makes me think about painting other snake-like creatures to resemble specific subspecies of snake... cobras are obvious, but might snake demons like Mariliths mimic dangerous snakes from the Prime Material Plane for added intimidation value...?  Hmmm....

29 minutes ago, GodOfCheese said:

Thank you!   Yours is great too-- it makes me think about painting other snake-like creatures to resemble specific subspecies of snake... cobras are obvious, but might snake demons like Mariliths mimic dangerous snakes from the Prime Material Plane for added intimidation value...?  Hmmm....

I really wanted to go with something different, I've seen a lot of rattlesnake and pythons represented, but never a coral snake. 

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GodOfCheese
      This mini took forever to paint.  Not really because anything I did with him was all that challenging, but because once I did one thing I realized that more stuff was needed.  I couldn't figure out why the demon was holding a rock, so I decided it must be a spell effect.  I liked the crackly rocks of the base, but decided it must be cooling magma.  Then I decided that his base wasn't stable enough for his huge wingedness (the mini is metal and thus VERY top-heavy), so I extended it.  Then I dithered about whether to just paint the lava or apply a resin of some kind.  And on and on and on.

Eventually I forced myself to be done.  Here he is :-)
      C&C appreciated as I've definitely never done this many techniques with one mini.  :-D

• By Rigel
      A Marilith from the Nolzur's/ Wizkids series! My love of snake people has been documented previously ( http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82155-cascabelle-the-rattler-woman-02833-possibly-nsfw/ ), so I really couldn't resist. Tried to paint her underbelly as an Australian Red-Bellied Black Snake (venomous, of course), and the dorsal surfaces as a pale blue-grey variant of the North American Northern Red-Bellied Snake (non-venomous, of course). Inspiration pics are in the WIP thread here (http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84087-rigels-to-do-list/&tab=comments#comment-1811168 )

Leather armor is always a challenge for me, but thanks to good advice from the forum I think it worked out.

Several different lighting schemes here: 

She also makes a guest appearance in my Heckfella post! 

• By DocPiske
      Here are a few new additions to my Bones monster collection:

77262 Vulture Demon. I was going for an ethereal look to these. I know the Vrock has been depicted in red and black in recent editions of the game, but I like these colors better. I painted each a little different so that the can be more easily differentiated when used in a game.

77260 Ape Demon. The Barlgura in D&D does not have wings, but they look too cool the remove. More subtle difference in coloring here. I thought about doing one in brown and one in black, but black so dull.

77117 Vandorendra, Snake Demon (I'm not sure why she gets a proper name and the other two don't... I also don't know why I did not take both front and back shots of her.)
      I painted the chest area as armored because I might use these in a game at a convention, and I never know what the ages of the players will be at those events. I'm not a prude; I like the human form, honest!

There is another from this group that can be found over in the conversion thread.
    • By NyarlaBcn
      Here my latest work. I keep trying and trying with black: highliting black. I tried with blue for a while till I was quite happy with it, and now I’m trying with grey which is more difficult... it does show here, since it completely reads as grey skin but oh well, it’s still a job I’m happy with. 
      That’s Be’lakor, one of the finest demon figures ever made by any manufacturer. First chaos everchosen, first mortal to ascend to demonhood, blessed and cursed, the lord of the dark...

• By GodOfCheese
      A DaughterOfCheese abandoned the painting of this model, so it ended up in the Simple Green for awhile and I decided that her beautiful dress would look better with tentacles protruding from beneath it. Beautiful, sickly devil-flesh striding across a hellscape while she peels back her hood to reveal sinister horns. And it does get cold in hell, so don't forget your scarf.

Or anyway, that was the plan.  It turns out that her color made her difficult to photograph.

The tentacles are formed around unwound paperclips, which were easy to twist into the right shape, but the flesh I added (green stuff, some clay, etc) was difficult to get to the right proportion without making it fall off.

I'm new to this whole "modding" thing, so I'd LOVE feedback on it. :-)

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)