Sign in to follow this  
NyarlaBcn

A goblin on a Spider

Awesome! Looks really tropical. I love all the colours, especially the blue/ black of the spider.

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

I love it!

And I think the lichen is a good way to emulate the jungle.

thanks to both! 

My doubt was about the contrast among the lichen and the painted, plastic plants that I also used. Lichen is one colour each, is a... "natural" part where the plants are made of plastic and handpainted and I wasn't sure if they will look cohesive. 

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TaleSpinner
      Arachnophobic Trigger Warning! 
      If seeing lots and lots of pictures of spiders is an issue for you, this is NOT the post for you.

As soon as the Goroloth was done, Ron asked me if I wanted to do another.  Of course, I agreed.  This time, he wanted a really big spider; one to fit a 4 inch (100 mm) base.  Before you all say, "But I thought it was on a 5" (130 mm) base,"  bear with me; that is a part of the later half of the story.  He pointed me at several sources of inspiration, but the design was going to be for me to develop. Funny though how what an Art Director can see in the sources and an Artist sees can be completely different features, as you will soon see. Where Ron saw a bulbous body, pointy fused legs, and plates; I saw spikes, spines, and big fangs.  This project was about to become one of the most intense back and forth projects between myself and my art director that I have ever had, but the end result was well worth it and, together, I think Ron and I developed one of the best figures I have ever sculpted.

It started out as any project does, with a basic armature:

I refined that shape grossly into the shape I wanted for the body:

After that I started pulling in rough details using mostly the Move and Inflate brushes.  I should note that I was not yet trying to create a finished spider, but merely get my concept down so I could send it to Ron for approval on the general theme of the piece.

I added eyes.  These were based on Jumping spiders.

Then I built the legs.  Each segment was a separate piece that I sculpted from cylinders and then inserted into the main sculpt.  I built all the legs on one side, and then mirrored them onto the other side.  Again, this is all mostly conceptual at this point.  If you look closely, you will see that noting is really connected, I just needed to get it put together to get Ron's feedback.

Next post, I'l cover Ron's response and where we went from there. (Though it should be obvious what his response was, considering that the above spider looks absolutely nothing like the finished Arakoth.) 

• By NyarlaBcn
      Babar, Lord of the Jungle, ready to both smash and stun tespassers with his golden magnificence. 

28mm scale resin miniature. Gold & green palette. My biggest issue: not jungly enough. I need more stuff to make plants and credible grass :s 

• By HolkDiggity
      I wanted to create something to enter in the Paint It Pink competition this year, but I only had about a day and a half before ReaperCon. I knew that this wasn't going to win any awards, but it was important to me that I do something. I saw these goblins with their oversized flag and just went for it. The base is one of Secret Weapon's doric columns.

• By JudgeSamson
      Here's the creepiest mini I own, and my wife's least favorite!  

• By lazarp
      This was a nice and relaxing speedpaint while watching a movie. Hope you like it! 

• Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 137 Guests (See full list)