Sign in to follow this  
HolkDiggity

44031: Giant Leeches

It is a shame about the water effect...I never had much luck with it either. The Worms, however, are DELIGHTFULLY disturbing, AND BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, these are GREAT! I always appreciate seeing minis I’ve sculpted painted up with such skill. I’m also pleased that they worked as an icebreaker - very much in line with my intent. Your paint scheme is simple, but very effective. You have me doubting my own color palate....

Kudos to you, sir!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vulture said:

Wow, these are GREAT! I always appreciate seeing minis I’ve sculpted painted up with such skill. I’m also pleased that they worked as an icebreaker - very much in line with my intent. Your paint scheme is simple, but very effective. You have me doubting my own color palate....

Kudos to you, sir!

They're awesome sculpts! I appreciated the legit mouths. Looking up reference images made me itchy. I decided to go with the red because I wanted to give them an otherworldly tint: Just a hint of fantasy while still being grossly realistic. They definitely helped bring me back in after more than a week bogged down by my own self-doubt. I can't express how much that means to me!

25 minutes ago, AutumnHare said:

I mean this in the best way possible: Eww. Just Eww.  VERY realistic.  And yucky.  ::):

Eww is perfect. Eww is what I aimed for!

::P:

They look great!

May I recommend Greenstuffworld UV Resin?

I used it on my Komodo Dragon, It pours nicely and will harden under direct sunlight or under an UV light.

As long as you keep it away from that it remains in it gel state.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

They look great!

May I recommend Greenstuffworld UV Resin?

I used it on my Komodo Dragon, It pours nicely and will harden under direct sunlight or under an UV light.

As long as you keep it away from that it remains in it gel state.

I've seen some videos and it looks nice. The problem that I had was that it stuck to everything and the models' size didn't leave much room for maneuvering. I have a list of GSW stuff to order, so I'll add this to the list to try!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Artyphex
      (forgive me, very new to the forums) 

Andowyn Thrushmoor!
      It's been awhile since I've painted a plain ol' character miniature. I spent the better part of today working on her and I’m overall pleased with how she came out. I really want to double my skill level by the time Bones V is delivered and I’m proud of my progress! Slowly but surely figuring out how to do faces, this one looks pretty okay, though her right eye is funky.

Since this is my first form post, the picture is her next to my first miniature! It's about four years old and I keep it around the rest of my collection in a place of honor

• By elfonamouse
      Working on the Stone Giant. I'm looking for any constructive criticism but especially of the highlighting on the flesh. Not sure if I am finished or if it needs more highlights on the flesh. Everything else just is base colors and has not been worked on other than that.  He came missing the the left hand and club. 

• By Auberon
      My exchange partner this time around was @Corporea.  She was one of those troublesome ones that are fine with anything.  This of course means that I am free to do anything, so what I did was use her as an excuse to test out airbrushing my Vallejo Air Metallics.  Because of that this mini is a little more metallic than I might have otherwise done.  The aluminum didn't want to airbrush, or hand brush for that matter, so I may have a bad bottle.  Other than that they all worked as expected. I.e. you can create a TMM effect by combining these paints with a regular paint for the shadows.

I also tried my hand at a mosaic tile base.  The area I started with isn't as good as the rest of the base, but seeing as I am already late I didn't go back and take even more time to repaint that area.  Overall I thought it turned out pretty well, though I don't believe I'll be doing it on cork again. While I thought the imperfections in the surface could work as missing tiles, in practice they just ended up being in inconvenient places.

But unfortunately I had to stick a mini on it.

Full frontal metal shiny.

And rotating around for those that want to look.

I also attempted to create the look of texture by applying leather colors in a series of parallel lines.  I kind of liked it but at the same time I'm not sure that it comes across as any particular type of texture.

And that's it for my 2019 exchange.  Next year I might even try to be on time. 
    • By Venun
      I loved everything about this guy from bones 4 pictures to delivery to painting to result!
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Remus Raducan, part of the Blood Wolf faction in Reapers Dreadmere setting.

Struggled to find this guy that interesting to paint, and as a result he ended up a bit lacklustre.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)