Sign in to follow this  
Lord Baasen

Infantry, Tanks and Transport Question

When creating a section, are Tanks a single entry (4 tanks makes a section?). I'm a little confused probably because of the packaging.

The same question for infantry, 4 bases makes section?

That's correct. As it stands right now each base of infantry, and each model in the multi-packs each comprise 1/4 of a section.

Yeah the number of units in a blister is unimportant, that is just the way Reaper choose to market and price things. With most vehicles it is nice and easy I order 2 packs to get 4 in total and that will normally be a single section as I tend not to combine different vehicles in sections. The sabre is a bit of a pain as when I ordered mine I then had to order a seperate one from the boneyard. But 3 for the price is a good deal.

Stuart

Two packs of infantry (any type) or mixed and a pack of APC's or Tanks make three well balanced sections.

Infantry always need extra fire support or transport...imho ::D:

snowstorm....making warfare look like poetry in motion

that is good to know but I have another question when you buy infantry w/ heavy weapons (#07025) wich weapons do you get and do they stiil count as regular inf. or are they considered heavy inf. for apc purposes. :rock:

You get a mix of weapons in the HvyWeapons blisters -- mostly AT-23's with a handful of the others mixed in.

Unless they're armed with mortars they still count as standard infantry.

Which unit, the APC or the infantry, wh had to 'embark' was never clarified. It was sorted in the forthcoming 3rd printing, but that's been shelved now. I'd be inclined to say it's the infantry, but I could be wrong/ I only use them in the same section since the numbers work out nicely.

Nym, that's an optioanl rule in the JoR1 but it's not a good idea since you're taking damage just as the vehicle you are riding on (as well as splash from IFM's).