A Pair of Fungoids (44056) as Red Hypholoma and Shaggy Inkcap

Oh wow!  Those are great!  It’s a great idea to paint them with real mushroom colors, and they turned out great.

I have these on my list to paint this holiday weekend and still have no idea what do with them.  You’ve inspired me to to look at some reference photos for inspiration.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, BrokenWolf668 said:

Superb!

13 hours ago, Iridil said:

These are wonderful realizations of the book - Miss Hypholoma is divine, you succeeded in making her look delicate and the colors: oooh

12 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

These look terrific. I honestly wasn't sure what I was going to do with these mushroom folks. It hadn't occurred to me to look at and base their colour palettes on actual fungi like that. I may even steal what you did with Miss Hypholoma. She's fantastic.

Thank you! That's what I was going for. Graveyard Bone, a bright yellow, and a bright orange...you can get quite a range of corals and sunrise shades. Steal away! 

21 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Very clever!  Thanks for sharing the source material.

20 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The Lady has pretty eyes!

Awesome reference material and well executed!

Thank you! Got lucky on the eyes. She'd make a good Fungus Dryad.

12 hours ago, rubegon said:

Oh wow!  Those are great!  It’s a great idea to paint them with real mushroom colors, and they turned out great.

I have these on my list to paint this holiday weekend and still have no idea what do with them.  You’ve inspired me to to look at some reference photos for inspiration.  Thanks!

I appreciate it! Yes, definitely check out real-world fungi; they are weirder and more subtle than we can imagine. 

• Like 1

These both look great! The handmaiden is so delicate and soft looking and the little guy is so fun!

Also, THANK YOU for sharing the names of the mushrooms you based them on! I was looking at a reference image of the shaggy inkcap (I think) for my fungal queen and couldn't figure out what mushroom it was to find more references. You helped me a great deal with this!

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Fire_Eyes said:

These both look great! The handmaiden is so delicate and soft looking and the little guy is so fun!

Also, THANK YOU for sharing the names of the mushrooms you based them on! I was looking at a reference image of the shaggy inkcap (I think) for my fungal queen and couldn't figure out what mushroom it was to find more references. You helped me a great deal with this!

Thank you! Glad to be of help.

I got sidetracked earlier... meant to post this link, a rich source of NPC/wizard/fantasy town names. https://www.britmycolsoc.org.uk/library/english-names