Crowley

Old school dungeon crawl Sunday evenings

Anyone interested in playing in my Sunday evening (730-930 eastern) dungeon crawl game? We play on Skype using theater of the mind. 

We've been running for over 100 sessions now, but I'm down to 2 regular players, and we'd all appreciate another PC or two (or 3).

• Like 2

This would be a fun thing to do but oddly I try to keep my weekend, rpg free with having my 5e games on Mon & Weds.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 5:13 PM, Crowley said:

Classic D&D! Specifically Rules Cyclopedia. 

We all played D&D in some form or setting. Cyclopedia was my ruleset for most of my gaming needs, thou I did DM Ravenloft as well. Friends did 1st & 2e (FR & Greyhawk settings). Good times!!

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:49 PM, Crowley said:

Anyone interested in playing in my Sunday evening (730-930 eastern) dungeon crawl game? We play on Skype using theater of the mind. 

We've been running for over 100 sessions now, but I'm down to 2 regular players, and we'd all appreciate another PC or two (or 3).

I should be available on Sunday evenings and wouldn't mind joining in.  I've got a pdf copy floating around here somewhere.  What is the group needing and how do you want to do characters? (assuming that I am acceptable to the group.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I should be available on Sunday evenings and wouldn't mind joining in.  I've got a pdf copy floating around here somewhere.  What is the group needing and how do you want to do characters? (assuming that I am acceptable to the group.)

2 hours ago, BlazingTornado said:

Ooooh, color me interested! I like the Cyclopedia.

Characters are rolled 3d6, but you can assign the scores.

In the party there is currently:

Kili the dwarven cleric (on break to to a change in work schedule)

Jo the monk (currently petrified)

Sabrine the elf wizard (An NPC the party rescued that is being played by Jo's player)

Borumar the 1/2 orc fighter 

NPC elf who was also rescued. 

Yes, race as class is a thing. Anyone who's a <insert race here> class, is really just the class with some flavor that doesn't impact their stats or abilities any. 

Anything else you want to know?

52 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

Well since the game is in progress, what's the level at and how would we generate appropriate gear?

Most characters are between 5-8. You start at 1. 

Gods in the world?  My dice rolls said that I should be a cleric: 10,10,15,10,15,11.   Not sure if I will stay old shool as hell (3d6 in order) or if I want to move that other 15 from Con to Str and be a combat wombat.

• Like 1

You got lucky. I got a lone 16, four 11s, a 10 and an 8. Obviously nothing bad but this fighter will literally only be able to hit hard and be painfully average everywhere else.

Also, rolled a 5 for hit points... No con bonus with those rolls...