Sign in to follow this  
Thrym

Tomb Guardians Miniatures :: DragonLock Ultimate Dungeon Tiles - Magic Circle :: Thrym Project #PiSlice

Welcome to this Thanksgiving holiday WIP already in progress.  This was my project while waiting for dinner today.

This 3D printed dungeon dressing, spell effect or future demon base is from Tomb Guardian Miniatures out of Ohio.  I had to sand out some low-res ridges and some connection points but it was quick work.

I already painted the interior of the symbols and lines with bright colors.  Reaper Candlelight, Reaper Runic Glow and Cavboss Coolant Green as well as Vallejo Stencil. 

The stonework is Reaper Dungeon Grey, naturally. 

20191129_035903.thumb.jpg.a1522d9da160fd7a2329a3e64c0b1794.jpg

Up next is to add the glow effect to the runes and lines and perhaps speckle and mark up the stonework with another couple of greys.

Enjoy and stay tuned.

• Like 8

Tomb Guardians stuff is all really fine resolution.  These pieces they print to order.

I also got this statue.  Which can fit a light under the flames.

il_fullxfull.1576101215_44av_1296x.thumb.jpg.921e26b0a71b84239e9732e05de17871.jpgil_fullxfull.1528633396_mdxd_1296x.thumb.jpg.3881638938a3a88488de4c03ab491fe5.jpg

Pictures are from their website.

The details are great and I will only have to do light sanding to remove the minimal print lines.  I don't recall any real hefty connection points.

• Like 8

On 11/29/2019 at 9:25 AM, Thrym said:

Tomb Guardians stuff is all really fine resolution.  These pieces they print to order.

I also got this statue.  Which can fit a light under the flames.

il_fullxfull.1576101215_44av_1296x.thumb.jpg.921e26b0a71b84239e9732e05de17871.jpgil_fullxfull.1528633396_mdxd_1296x.thumb.jpg.3881638938a3a88488de4c03ab491fe5.jpg

Pictures are from their website.

The details are great and I will only have to do light sanding to remove the minimal print lines.  I don't recall any real hefty connection points.

I do believe this is from Fat Dragon Games.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, haldir said:

I do believe this is from Fat Dragon Games.

I bought it from Tomb Guardians, but yes, they are the listed sculptor.  Cass is very conscientious about paying for artists' work.  You can check with Wiebe.

The item's on page two of their Accessory Pieces in 3D Dungeon Tiles section.

Listing Screenshot:

Screenshot_20191203-033909_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4875cd7d86fe8978e8841fdc39008278.jpg

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Thrym said:

I bought it from Tomb Guardians, but yes, they are the listed sculptor.  Cass is very conscientious about paying for artists' work.  You can check with Wiebe.

The item's on page two of their Accessory Pieces in 3D Dungeon Tiles section.

Listing Screenshot:

Screenshot_20191203-033909_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4875cd7d86fe8978e8841fdc39008278.jpg

Sounds like TG has a license to sell finished pieces. All good!

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HolkDiggity
      One step closer to having the full Dungeon Dwellers set finished! I tried a lot of different stuff here, most for the first time! Such as...
      -Full NMM armor
      -Freehand on cloak
      -Painted highlights on liquid
      -A unique gem in the shield (Watermelon Tourmaline)
      -A tiny bit of OSL on the eyes

• By Dilvish the Deliverer
      So I've been printing the Fat Dragon Games dungeon tile that I received back durimg one of the Bones KSs.  Finally got to paimting them all. 

Figured that I should start a topic to record what I end up doimg with them.  Here is the second batch that I painted drying.  I primed them with my air brush and black Stylnrez, followed by succesibe layers of medium and light gray craft paints.  I used a 1 inch trim brush for tje drybrushing.

• By bluecrowlaura
      Hello all! Here are a few pics of my second official terrain project. It's a castle/boss chamber, I suppose. I didn't really have anything in mind when I started building it; I was just fooling around with my new molds, tinkering with dry stacking. This eventually emerged.

I built it using Hirst Arts molds and bits from both Reaper and Mini Monsters. The Reaper parts are Large Sarcophagus (77540) and parts from Magic Treasures II and III. I made the flags from salad container plastic and various bits; one of these days I would like to go back and paint more detailed flags and replace these. I see so much amazing freehand banner work and I have artist envy...!

Happy painting,

Laura

• By EldritchEladrin
      This year is the year of giving miniatures as birthday gifts to the friends I game with. One of these fine fellows--my oldest and dearest friend--has a birthday in a couple weeks. He loves magic-users and is obsessed with Harry Potter, so I painted up a 25th anniversary Domur as a classic "Gandalf the Grey" style wizard for his present:

Tried to layer the flames to give some interesting and pleasing texture. Let me know how I did.

Also, given his love for all things Potter, I did my best to modify Domur's spellbook to a more familiar book cover...

I'm actually surprised I could keep the brush steady enough for it to come across at all similar, to be honest.
    • By Pochi
      Yes, Jafar has an evil twin. He decided that "phenomenal cosmic power but itty bitty living space" wasn't his thing so he decided to go a different route to achieve his fame and fortune. His name is Aziz and he has been working on ways to call forth the dead.

I am running an Egyptian based Earthdawn game and realized I paint lots of pretty girls and hardly have any guys (good or bad) even though I do buy males. So, for the past couple weeks I have been working on all male figures - mummies, merchants, a cat...hey, it's a boy cat!, and Aziz. Now I am trying to get everything on bases.

So, I had considered putting Aziz on a desert base or a temple floor base but I didn't have what I was looking for so went searching through a friend's box of goodies. He tossed me this base and said "Here ya go, make it lava." Well, I didn't "see" lava when I looked at him but thought I could do something to match the green of the flame coming from the skull. I then had the idea of a hand reaching out of the....goo?....slime?....stuff? So, we started digging through the rest of his stuff and found some arms and heads (also bodies but I didn't want the whole thing) so I chose what I wanted and went to work on his base. I also used Chaoswolf's tutorial on making stringy blood to make dripping goo off the zombie guy's hand. Pretty pleased with how it turned out!

As for the pictures, the green is bright (Valejo Fluorescent Green) but not quite as bright as the pictures make it look. In the base there is actually some yellow and white swirled in and then I mixed some green ink with realistic water and poured that over everything. You can't really see any of the details in the photos. I might try different photos with lights angled differently or something.

Anyway, here he is! Questions, comments, critiques welcome and encouraged!

• Who's Online   10 Members, 2 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)