Sign in to follow this  
Generic Fighter

Super Gift Fight II Turbo Championship Edition!(Dec Hobby Goals)

For December:

-- finish some of the semi painted figs on the paint table currently

-- photo, post and store Nov paint binge figures

-- Secret Sophie

-- relaxed christmas/new year holiday paint binge (ie, repeat #1 above)

• Like 8

Finish the two mini's I was supposed to finish before December started

1. Eyebeast

2. Dark Iron Dwarf Pounder

Christmas Ones (to be done before the big day)

1. Wrapping Dragon

2. Present Hoarding Dragon

3. Father Christmas

The partway through and I'm sick of it and want it off my desk mini's

1. Fix up the basing on the diseased rats (they are done, just need to be based properly)

2. Twin Sorcerers - One Red, One Green

3. Were-crocodile

4. Baron Blacktree

5. Studious Sophie

6. Chibi Paladin

7. Half Orc Mage

Edited by Sibling
Progress Update
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

I missed Secret Sophie, so that's not on my list this year. :down: </3

I'm done with school for the year, so go on all the forums all the time yeah!!! ;)

I want to draw out some cute cookie cutter ideas to 3D print in a couple months.

I am also painting Nienna. I've had her for so long and the sculpt looks so cool! I'm going for a frosty leaf theme to match with the seasons.

• Like 7

Revised Goals: 

to meet year-long goals: 

paint a dragon - this was supposed to be the Dragonking from Kingdom death - lol nope.  

- instead my third dragon for the year will be a Narthex (WIP)  doubt ill finish him before NY 

paint a metal miniature.  (ending up painting 16 for a commission, but still trying for 1 additional per month) 

paint 4 bones. (2 done) 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 7

As a follow up to my November 30th post, I have completed 51 minis in the past three weeks; painting up all of Bones 1-4 will be difficult, but worthwhile.

I'm still making plenty of time for dating, my son, friends, my dnd game and work. 

Edited by Adrift
  • Like 7

On 12/2/2019 at 4:15 PM, Rob Dean said:

Well, I need to paint Christmas figures for the Christmas village (er, Fantasy Winter Festival village), and 40mm French Revolution troops for Huzzah in May, so naturally I painted part of a third project at lunch today...

So, here we are at mid-month plus.  Fantasy Solstice Festival Village got shelved for another year.  ::(: I finished a handful of 1/72 plastics and a single Bones rogue early in the month, but Christmas preparations took over after that.  I did actually do the necessary greenstuff work on *1* 40mm French Revolution cavalryman, so that goal is non zero. :mellow: But, now I am off for the rest of the month to use up all my use-or-lose vacation time, so I expect that there is more to come.  Probably 1/72s...

• Like 7

Haven't really set any goals for the last few months. Trying to get back into painting/making things. Managed to sneak a couple hours yesterday and painted some ghosts and finished a jagged cliff I made a year ago. Really didn't like how the cliff turned out before so I hacked it a bit with a really sharp butcher knife, slapped on a bit of sculptamold in the joint cracks and flat areas for texture. Repainted it trying to get a reddish rock colour. Turned out decent. Plan was to make a handful of these and I'm feeling more hopeful about doing more later.

• Like 5

On 12/18/2019 at 2:09 PM, Adrift said:

As a follow up to my November 30th post, I have completed 51 minis in the past three weeks; painting up all of Bones 1-4 will be difficult, but worthwhile.

that is great speed! 

how many do you have left? 

• Like 4

Finished up 6 figures this month, planning to get a few more done during the holiday. Need to put finished figures away and decide what to prep for January. 

Also finish my secret sophie. 

• Like 6

On 12/10/2019 at 10:47 PM, Evilhalfling said:

Revised Goals: 

to meet year-long goals: 

paint a dragon - this was supposed to be the Dragonking from Kingdom death - lol nope.  

- instead my third dragon for the year will be a Narthex (WIP)  doubt ill finish him before NY 

paint a metal miniature.  (ending up painting 16 for a commission, but still trying for 1 additional per month) 

paint 4 bones. (2 done) 

Calling it done for the year. 

Christmas tree ornament diorama 

2 landscapes on canvas - (Bob Ross'd) 

Dawnsfire, dragon of sunrise.

Chronoscope guy 

Maid w/broom

Chronoscope sheriff 

Rainbow slushy (brazier of hot coals) 

Bear-Owl (conversion) 

no metal figures , 3 from bones3,  

• Like 4

On 12/2/2019 at 9:50 AM, Werkrobotwerk said:

no idea.

I've been trying to finish my admech army since summer, and I haven't really gotten closer.

I will probably paint one or two minis for a game of rune quest.

I have a pile of other things I meant get done this fall that I should paint

chose some project to do for the captain con paint contest.

admech, NO! I even built another squad of them and painted none!

runequest, NO!

captaincon project, HA HA HA NO!

random stuff, So much yes!

Freeblades: Haradelan quester starter box, 7 minis

mage knight: 2 archers, 1 liege knight, 3 minis

reaper: bones 4 woman knight name/#unknown, Caerindra 07012Thregan 03915, bones 4 dragon man, 2 blood nebula mercenaries 49017, power armor goblin 50343. 7 minis

mantic modified dreadball player as stealth suit, modified dreadball player with gun, modified reb with shield and blade, modified dog bot, modified gcps soldier. 5 minis

games workshop 7 slaaneshi cultists, 1 khornate cultist, 1 sigmar guy, 1 space marine (not pictured because I left him on my desk at work). 10 minis

zombicide invader, guy in hunter orange 1 mini

warlord 1 heavily modified dominari? 1 mini

a total of 34 minis 

about 306 for the year

20191230_141123.png

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
Added a photo
  • Like 5

Although I took my portable painting kit with me on our Christmas trip, it didn’t get used.  Assuming that I don’t finish anything today or tomorrow, which seems likely as my first hobby priority is to clean off my desk rather than paint, that leaves me with a rather modest 6 figure 1/72 scale archer stand and a Bones rogue for December, which is somewhat better than a slap in the face with a dead fish.  ::P:

For the year, scattered across at least 6 projects, it looks like I did about 98 25/28mm figures, 51 1/72 scale figures, and 18 40mm figures.  Apparently I’ll do anything to avoid painting horses, since only a handful of the 1/72s were mounted (or a horse-drawn cart).  That ends up being about 1 tabletop figure every two days, which doesn’t sound that bad, really, but the distribution was by no means anywhere near that regular.  Next year’s resolution: Do more better. ^_^

• Like 5

On 12/11/2019 at 9:21 AM, Auberon said:

I really only have two things going - secret sophie and a large mini to enter into the forum contest.  Hopefully both will be finished next week.

I got the large mini done and posted.  Secret Sophie is not done, but not quite late either.

• Like 5