Sign in to follow this  
Lord of the Dish Pit

Army of the Great Pumpkin

Awesome!

Also: BONUS POINTS for painting WOLVES!!!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Thanks 1

I caught these two lurking around my shelf of "To be started Soon(tm)" observing the Witch Hunters reinforcements with a wary and critical eye...

100_1491.JPG.564ea0d1a9e9a941e7a82ece4fde4077.JPG

Reaper's Krissy, Modern Witch and Dita the Steampunk Witch. Applied some wood putty to their bases, and will cycle them into the painting rotation. 

• Like 8

Krissy has most of her bases colors applied...

100_1521.JPG.7f9f87582151a21e6424c71ffa8571ab.JPG

Deep Twilight on the robe and hat, Auburn Shadow on her hair, and she got a dousing in Flesh Wash. Her eyes I'm still undecided about, they were green, but when I tried to put in the black center dot, it wound up obliterating most of that. But...they are still ok enough so I'll not try my luck any further.

100_1522.JPG.c7f34b9db75cf7fbce367e186b6be0cd.JPG

Dita got some Flesh Wash as well, and Blonde Shadow on her hair. Her eyes were supposed to be this nice Frost Blue/Copper Verdigris mix, but again the black dot center obliterated that. I tried lightly dabbing some more Linen White into the edges of the eyes to balance things a bit...and may have gone too far with that...arg.

• Like 11

Yeah, usually takes me a couple of tries to get the eyes right. too. 

• Thanks 1

100_1524.JPG.cfb2528926c7b54bc1846acf3a945c9c.JPG

Blocked in where the white is going to be with some Bronzed Skin.

100_1525.JPG.727b109ed0a52cd66dd1a24043028312.JPG

100_1526.JPG.4f08de1c4121c5a3d1d092cc84444f73.JPG

I have a lot of minis on the table that require this, so I figured I'd do it all at once. Having slept on it, other then a little touching up around around the sides of the eyes, Dita didn't really turn out all that bad. 

• Like 10

With the sunlight starting to take on a certain tone, and a faint echo whispers of Autumn's return upon the night winds, it is time I got around to trying to have some reinforcements ready to greet the Great Pumpkin....

100_1583.JPG.0b47a6b394d6747c16bf553dfacde985.JPG

A modest start, I added a 50/50 mix of Dirty Bone/Bronzed Skin to the white areas on both, and got Dita blocked in with Pure Black. 

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Nolzur's do make a few great monster minis, even though most -if not all- of their humanoid minis are too small, weedy and have too shallow detailing for my liking. Here is one:

Yep, a dead head.

50mm base.
      The main colour is Citadel Contrast Plaguebearer flesh, the rest is regular paint.

This mini was finished September 12th 2020.

Zombie Beholder
      Nolzur's Marvellous Miniatures, Wave 11 2020
      Wizkids
      I have no idea who sculpted this, as WizKids do not -as far as I know- publish this info.
      PVC,
      50mm base
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Not super sure where to post this but this made the most sense to me. I found some fantastic miniature pumpkins at my local Joann Fabrics.

Hopefully you can find them elsewhere if you don't have a Joann's.
      They come in $10 bags that are pretty big. I don't see myself ever needing to buy more. 

They say "fall drieds" which makes me think they're some kind of organic. But they have the consistency of some kind of acorn or pinecone. So pretty solid. I don't think they'd deteriorate but if you're worried I'm sure a sealant of some kind would do the trick. 

They come in a mix of sizes but they all look pretty good at 28mm scale. The cutting mat has half-inch squares.
      Most of the pumpkins are of the artistically exaggerated size compared to a mini, and the smaller ones tend to be darker and a bit more mishapen. The coloration in them is pretty decent. I think they could use a layer of highlights but if you're in a hurry or making a huge pumpkin patch, then they look just fine. 

Anyways, I hope this is useful for someone!
    • By MoonglowMinis
      I've got more dead things for you today.  @Igormortis isn't the only one looking for some dirty dead!  Here's my little collection of swamp zombies.

The crowning jewel of this set is of course the Dreadmere Wight from Bone 4 Dreadmere.

He's got plenty of character packed into such a simple model.  I love him.

Along side him we have a repainted Zombie from D&D Giants of Legend prepaints (#40).

I've had this guy for ages, way before i learned to play D&D or ever picked up a mini brush.  His paintjob was pretty bland and I definitely think I (un)livened him up.  Would make a great shaman-type mini.

And filling out the horde we have the Zombies from the Castle Ravenloft board game.  Again.  Rather bland sculpts, but I like them a lot more now.  Their weird posture was the inspiration for the swamp theme as I imagined them pulling themselves up out of the muck.

All together, they're a fun thematic set and add for some variety to my dusty Graveyard Zombies.

Which one do you like best?
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Crawling back from the dead here with this fun little handful of zombies!  Added some gravestones to a few of them using popsicle sticks.  Just good ole' classic grave crawling zombies.  Went for a dusty color palette.

Which one do you think turned out best?

• Who's Online   28 Members, 2 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)