• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By knarthex
      Just to try and get some mojo going, I decided to start these guys too...
      Since I used to thrive on having multiple projects going at one time....
      Derro Captain & Sorcerer

and their troops, Derro Warriors (3)
      all Reaper minis

Another group that has sat primed on the shelf of shame for a while...
      Reaper Linen White for eyes
      SC 75 Brown Grey for the skin...
      (I am stealing my old formula for skin that I used on my Reaper Duergar

early days again, but stay tuned....
      G

• By Painting Miniatures
      So I finished this miniature. Video will be uploaded once I edit it.

This isn't finished yet but I wanted to go ahead and get the post up on here. This is the Crimson Herald, a Reaper Bones Black figure.

I didn't have a color scheme going into this big bad boy.  Sadly the photos REALLY don't do it justice and I do have a video I am getting ready to post to youtube.

This whole thing was like a Bob Ross Saved it moment for me. I grabbed paint throwing all caution to the wind and was like "ITTTTSSSSS FIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNEEEEEE" {its fine}
      Spoiler. It wasn't fine.

So I painted the body With Citadel Hex Wraith Flame. The entire time after i was just like "oh god... what have i done! its a lime green wraith thing...."

Luckily I had a bottle of Citadel Technical paint "Soulstone Blue" which weirdly enough I realized "i used technical paint... which doesn't dry normally very thick... and my solution is to use MORE paint that doesn't dry thick to make a thick paint? am i mad?!" Answer yes, but the photographs show im not without some merit to my madness.

• By Shadespyre
      My first post on the Reaper Forum, so please be nice! 

Not 100% sure where to post this as it falls into several categories. but here it is anyway - my Reaper Bones Hill Giant "Tribe" and their hillside display base. I posted these in my regular Warhammer forum but they are too far removed from WFB to gain much interest, so I thought I'd share them here in their "proper" home.

I've always painted miniatures with the "excuse" that they will be used to play games with, whether that be D&D or Warhammer or anything in between, so my emphasis is on table-ready minis rather than masterpieces. This is one of the first projects I've done without a clear gaming purpose, but because I'm a gamer at heart I still needed to put everything on individual bases for two reasons -
      1 - "just in case" a gaming use comes up
      2 - because gaming bases excuses a gaming paint job!

I decided on hex bases because I liked the way they tessellate

The paint scheme, choice of pets and landscape are inspired by my AD&D days, I'm constantly trying to recapture my youth! (Glad to say that Reaper Bones have finally made this sort of project practical and affordable, and I hope to follow it with similar projects using the other trad D&D Giant races.)

All 11 miniatures used (and the 11th is very hard to spot in these two pictures!) are from Reaper, mostly Bones. There are a few relatively simple conversions, mostly so I could use two pairs of giants without them being identical.
      The major scenic elements (trees and rocks) are made from errr real trees and real rocks, while almost all of the greenery is from a range of suppliers (Citadel, Army Painter and so on)
      I tried to position all of the models so that they are focused on something located just in front of the scene - presumably, a party of hostile adventurers!

I don't want to drown people in images, but if there is interest I can post individual pictures of each giant and some WIP pictures of the project, as well as the identity of that 11th miniature...

• By Painting Miniatures
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVPYLjS3PIU

Decided to take a whack at painting this metal miniature and doing some basing on it.
    • By Captain Tweet
      I'm very handy with a knife. Or so I kept telling myself. Until I cut off Cassie's index finger while trying to remove a few mold lines. Now, I'm trying to pass that particular incident off as a modification, but I'm not sure anyone is really buying it. Least of all Cassie.

Hi everyone! Long-time lurker, but this is my first post, with my fifth miniature. Newbie painter, started with Reaper's LTP kits. This particular mini is one of my favorites, but I may have taken on a bit more than I can chew (or fix... with my hobby knife). I found a lot of good examples of well-painted Cassies here on the forum and decided to imitate one of the paint schemes I found. With mixed results. The amount of experience and talent around here is both inspiring and a bit intimidating. In any case, here she is, almost finished but not yet based. Haven't quite figured out what to do for a base. Is she in a forest setting, in a cave, in a desert? What would fit best with the current paint scheme? Will she ever forgive me for cutting off her finger? Questions, questions...

/Cpt Tweet

More on painting Cassie over at https://pocketsizedadventurers.wordpress.com/2019/03/31/playing-with-knives/

• Who's Online   27 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)