Sign in to follow this  
Chris Palmer

So What 12 Days Figure(s) Did You Get?

I put in a $60+ order yesterday.  But then, I thought a saw a notice that all of the stocking stuffers were gone.  Confirmation?

Update:

Just saw the packing list.  No stocking stuffer. 

Edited by Highlander

26 minutes ago, Highlander said:

I put in a $60+ order yesterday.  But then, I thought a saw a notice that all of the stocking stuffers were gone.  Confirmation?

Update:

When they had them, they would show up in the cart before you check out, at the point where you select your free minis.

I checked when the leftover Xmas minis went live on the store and the stocking stuffer wasn’t showing up anymore at checkout.

At various times, I’ve seen the earbuds and a Reaper sticker show up as checkout freebies that you could de-select if you don’t want them.

1 hour ago, Highlander said:

Update:

From Facebook:

83BF427C-CC93-44F5-B976-8F131EE0483D.thumb.jpeg.1095f0400f5e187d4f9ea46c1b4e5b1c.jpeg

It would be nice if such information was officially posted here on Reapers forums.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

It would be nice if such information was officially posted here on Reapers forums.

I don't think Reaper recognizes their forum as a "official" source for information anymore. I wish they would. I'm on Facebook but I rarely ever get any news from Reaper from it. I get what people post here.

• Like 3

Since I don't order from Facebook and I doubt anybody else does either,  it would indeed be nice if, as promotions run out, that news was prominently displayed on the Reaper website.

Edited by Highlander
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, haldir said:

I'm on Facebook but I rarely ever get any news from Reaper from it.

Me too.

I'm always surprised when people post these little Facebook messages, because all I get from following Reapers Facebook page is the occasional mini picture.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, haldir said:

I wish they would. I'm on Facebook but I rarely ever get any news from Reaper from it. I get what people post here.

5 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Me too.

I'm always surprised when people post these little Facebook messages, because all I get from following Reapers Facebook page is the occasional mini picture.

I get nothing in my FB feed from Reaper.  Always have to go digging for it when they announce something there and it gets reposted here.   I wish they would get a dedicated PR/CS person to handle it on the various sites. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

You should know that FB may arbitrarily 'bury' posts by small businesses and sometimes even promote competing companies posts, even if you haven't friended them or whatever is the term.   

Companies that posts often have even called old customers to ask why they suddenly stopped buying, and have gotten answers such as "You're still around? We haven't seen anything from you in ages, so we thought you had closed."

It's mostly small companies that gets buried. And even if they spend a lot on advertising on FB, soon after the last campaign is over, they get buried again.     

FB membership numbers are stagnating.   

They may brag about 2.45Million members logging in every month, but I don't see any daily active statistics anywhere. Also, a lot of those logins are because FB is also used to authenticate users on other services, and not necessarily to read posts on FB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think it helps to interact with the Facebook page. If you like pictures, comment occasionally, or post stuff in a group or on a page, I think you get the notifications from it more often. I believe there's also an option to select 'show first' for page and/or group notifications. Not that I recall at this time how to set that, but I know I have some stuff set to show first on my feed.

Jon has been trying to coordinate the Reaper social media efforts recently. They had previously been spread between several people, most of whom consistently have too much on their plate. He's not very familiar with forums. I don't mean this one, I mean their use in general. I think that's part of the problem with social media and the fragmentation of the internet - there are so many different channels, and it's rare for someone to be familiar with or have the time to use all of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Highlander said:

Since I don't order from Facebook and I doubt anybody else does either,  it would indeed be nice if, as promotions run out, that news was prominently displayed on the Reaper website.

While I agree with this, when I placed my order it was pretty clear the goodie bags were out as the other freebies popped up (with options to choose not to have them or to swap them etc.) and the goodie bag did not. The only reason I still have a facebook account is to keep tabs on what pictures the in-laws post of my daughter so I understand the reticence of some to be pushed to use it. I think maybe in the immediate future the best thing to do is try to enlist a happy facebooker to spread notices here.

I wonder if there are technology options out there for a single button "push" out to various social media sites all at once. That would be way cool.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sibling said:

I wonder if there are technology options out there for a single button "push" out to various social media sites all at once. That would be way cool.

Given that the art communities have things like postybirb (or was it postybird, can't remember) I'd suspect there would be ones for social media as well.  The one problem though is formatting for each specific type of social media - Twitter does things differently than Facebook for example. 

• Like 2