Sign in to follow this  
TGP

GETTING TO KNOW YOU....DECEMBER 2019....

Welcome to the last 2019 instalment of Getting to Know You, December 2019 Edition.

The rules as they currently stand ( ...should you chose to accept them... )

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.

1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, are likely chomping at the bit to step in and post one... 

2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
2.5. (Rule 2 is the most frequently ignored rule.)
3. Questions will typically be posted between  06:00 hours and 09:00 hours CET. (Central European Time UYC +1)***

3.5 (...that is 23:00 to 02:00 hours RST Reaper Standard Time UTC -6)***

4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me or one of the other quisitioners.

(But my PM box is stuffed full gimme 2-3 days to clear it out...) 
5. You do not have to answer every question to play.
6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to respond (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
7. Weekend questions will often take the form of two day quests, running Saturday to Sunday.

***CLEARLY I WILL ON OCCASION BEND RULES 3. And 3.5.

Edited by TGP
2:30 Reaper time is 9:30 Glitterwolf time.
  • Like 10

I didn't know we had a 300 minute auto-merge duration on these forums.  They're really serious about post-spamming, aren't they?

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

I have never figured out what the limit is. :blush: But I fell asleep before I could post the question... :blush:

Question for December 3rd: How many times have you been snowed on so far this Winter?

• Haha 11

8 minutes ago, TGP said:

I have never figured out what the limit is. :blush: But I fell asleep before I could post the question... :blush:

Question for December 3rd: How many times have you been snowed on so far this Winter?

1, yesterday

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, TGP said:

If you mean physically feeling snow fall on me, once, today.

If you mean actual snow on stuff, once, a couple of weeks ago, we had a minor amount of accumulation. No accumulation yet today. I was literally walking around outside in short sleeves on Sunday...

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, TGP said:

About 20" worth.

Counting snow in "times" is conceptually difficult. Is it a different time if there's a multiple hour period in the middle of the day when it's not snowing? How long does it have to be before there's a snow time merger? Does it count as a "time" when there's just a dusting? How about if there are flakes in the air, but they all melt when the snow hits the ground? :unsure:

:rolleyes:

I've had to shovel twice this fall ... well, assuming that partially shoveling the driveway and walk, then going back out to finish it counts as one "shovel". :B):

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, TGP said:

Zero, because winter technically hasn't started! (Official first day of winter is Dec. 21 for the northern hemisphere.)

For a non-pedantic answer, we've had snow the past month once that actually stuck to the pavement, and several flurries that stuck to just the grass. Only had to shovel the one time.

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, TGP said:

Nothing yet in the Netherlands, of course technically our Winter will start at December 21st.

***Shakes fist at sky***

Don't even think about it!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, TGP said:

Physically on you, or in your general area?

It is snowing (or freezing rain, or ice pellets) right now but I'm not going out in it.

If we go with "I was present while snow was falling in my vicinity", probably about 10 different days so far, including light flurries.

I've only had to shovel once so far, but have driven multiple hours through heave snow twice (both when my wife and I moved, and when we moved the kid).

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, TGP said:

I've only been snowed on once, in 25+ years of living here.  My friend and I were running back from the gym, and we just stopped in confusion and looked up at the night sky:  What is this?  What is happening?  This isn't rain, what is falling from the sky?

It was actually kind of magical. :lol:

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TGP said:

So far... zilch.

It was cold enough.... but not wet enough over the holiday weekend.

• Like 12

30 minutes ago, TGP said:

Hey now, by my count I've got 18 more days before the dreaded winter time gets here. Don't go jumping the gun on that terrible season. 

That being said we've only had one accumulation event so far this year, and thankfully I got all my end of year yard work done about 6 hours before it hit us. We've had a few events where it sort of snowed, but nothing stuck. As far as I'm concerned though, we are still in a bicycle-to-work season. 

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, TGP said:

Received a dusting of snow Sunday morning. 

Dogs were either unimpressed or indifferent. Bandit was wishing he went with Oldest demon spawn back to Georgia. Everytime we went out, he would take one look at the falling snow and say nope, I'm going back inside. Bakana on the other hand just dealt with it. As long as Dad was outside, she was going to be outside.

• Like 10

What is this "Snow" you speak of? We don't usually get most of our inclement weather until January - March. So far just lots of crappy days with rain and wind. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Only once so far with a couple attempts that weren't really snow.  Most of what fell in early November has since melted but more seems to be on the way this week.  

• Like 10