• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      The City Watch. Charged with lantern and truncheon to keep the peace and vigilantly guard against threats thereunto. Again, I'm a sucker for the buckled slouch hats and the shoulder-draping collar.

Midlam's Halflings again, featuring Kate Redhanded:

more angles:

...and Clubbo Drubbins. Can't say I did such a good job on his lighting as on Kate's, but can for sure say I've done worse. 

Bringing light into dark places:

"Halt! Who goes there!"

And a whole crowd of citizens ready to deal with thieves, spies, monsters, witches, or rat-men. 

(Guest appearances by Abram Duskwalker and Mira, Damaris Duskwarden, Sheriff Drumfasser, and the Gravedigger.)
    • By Rigel
      Let's meet Will Chandler, Midlam's halfling candlestick-maker. (Strictly I think a candlestick maker is a silversmith or pewtersmith rather than a chandler, but I don't work for Midlam and this sculpt is too good and evocative to complain!) So much character on display. This one is an exercise in OSL, having no fewer than four light sources, and I can't pretend to have done it much justice with painting; those candle stubs are tiny. Am happy with the lighting on one or two pictures though!

An uncanny encounter after dark:

With a few other citizens
    • By Rigel
      I love a sculpt in the the Early Modern era English Civil War/New-England Canaan/Solomon Kane style every bit as much as I would hate living in Puritan Salem (which is to say, a lot). This buckle-hatted rat catcher from Midlam is just perfect for the Early Modern Monster Hunters series I have going on. Clad in rust, mahogany, and maroon, "sadd colors" as was the fashion. (The Puritans mostly didn't wear black, not because it was somber, but because it was too fancy. Of course.) 

With net, traps, staff, and rat mallet, he is ready for any ordinary rat the city can dish up. 
      But of course, we don't deal with ordinary rats here, do we?

A consultation with a well-traveled colleague returned from the New World is in order. We've seen Boren Backslap here before. 

"Aye, on two legs, and wearin' clothes? 'Tweren't a dream, lad. You've much to learn and not much time to do it. Best we set an ambuscade this very night. Where there's one, there'll be more, sure as Judgment."

(The orb-wielding albino is a Ver'Men mage from Black Tree).

• By Rigel
      Dawn at St. Toad's Mere.
      The worshipers gather by the dolmen.
      With scroll and orb, bell and blade, chalice, keys, and tome. 

But what manner of worshipers are these, so pale and clammy? And why does that one's hand bend so?
      Is that...is that an arm, or something else?

Lo! a foul miracle! They have become as their unwholesome master, transmuted into a kind of glory through their dark rites. Some still retain hands, or things in the semblance of hands, the better to wield tools built by and for hands, but others have transcended or transgressed beyond even these. Soon they will renounce limbs and spines altogether, shed their robes and live to writhe and squirm beneath the mire with their lord forever. 

These are fantastic fellows--something about their eyeless fleshy heads makes them even more enigmatic and eerie than your average illithid. What are they up to? and what will their rituals bring upon the troubled earth?
      For all your eldritch cult needs. Could work as an alien species in a pinch. 

(The cultist with the dagger does not come with a bell; that's a repurposed earring back and pin.)

• By DocPiske
      Overlord
      Become a villain in this retro-inspired board game. Draft terrain tiles, recruit monsters, build your map, and become the Overlord!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brotherwise/overlord-a-boss-monster-adventure?ref=user_menu

I'm a fan of Boss Monster, so I backed this too. Already funded and delivery projected for October of this year.
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)