Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha Half Elven Rangers

They came out well. Some of those old school sculpts weren't bad at all and you brought out the best in these. I like the subdued colors, too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

They came out well. Some of those old school sculpts weren't bad at all and you brought out the best in these. I like the subdued colors, too. 

I’m an old school aficionado, so for me,  the great majority of old school stuff is pretty swell, they just need a little bit of love, care and patience!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I love the muted colours, great job as always!

Thanks Glitterwolf!

I think one of these days I’m going to have to buy me some different greens though, I usually end up starting most things with pale olive and start moving my washes around from there. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Thanks Glitterwolf!

I think one of these days I’m going to have to buy me some different greens though, I usually end up starting most things with pale olive and start moving my washes around from there. 

Have you seen this?

image.thumb.png.412000719be68cc74c02d24f964ef82e.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Wow, no, that looks like a nice variety! How do those paints compare to Reaper?

Scale 75 is a tad thicker and needs to be shaken well.

Usually turns out opaque/matt.

My paint collection consists for about a third Reaper. A third Vallejo and a third Scale 75, a few other brands with a pot or bottle here or there.

The metallics are really the best around.

They also have these greens:

image.png.6d6d8e6856e7121fc18049e522ccc8d9.png

image.png.272d1f7feb38f64d2269ca0227e7de14.png

30 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Scale 75 is a tad thicker and needs to be shaken well.

Usually turns out opaque/matt.

My paint collection consists for about a third Reaper. A third Vallejo and a third Scale 75, a few other brands with a pot or bottle here or there.

The metallics are really the best around.

They also have these greens:

image.png.6d6d8e6856e7121fc18049e522ccc8d9.png

image.png.272d1f7feb38f64d2269ca0227e7de14.png

Interesting, might have to give them a try.  I’ve really only got all Reaper paints right now. Might venture a bit out of my paint comfort zone!

• Like 1