Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha Half Elven Rangers

They came out well. Some of those old school sculpts weren't bad at all and you brought out the best in these. I like the subdued colors, too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

They came out well. Some of those old school sculpts weren't bad at all and you brought out the best in these. I like the subdued colors, too. 

I’m an old school aficionado, so for me,  the great majority of old school stuff is pretty swell, they just need a little bit of love, care and patience!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I love the muted colours, great job as always!

Thanks Glitterwolf!

I think one of these days I’m going to have to buy me some different greens though, I usually end up starting most things with pale olive and start moving my washes around from there. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Thanks Glitterwolf!

I think one of these days I’m going to have to buy me some different greens though, I usually end up starting most things with pale olive and start moving my washes around from there. 

Have you seen this?

image.thumb.png.412000719be68cc74c02d24f964ef82e.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Wow, no, that looks like a nice variety! How do those paints compare to Reaper?

Scale 75 is a tad thicker and needs to be shaken well.

Usually turns out opaque/matt.

My paint collection consists for about a third Reaper. A third Vallejo and a third Scale 75, a few other brands with a pot or bottle here or there.

The metallics are really the best around.

They also have these greens:

image.png.6d6d8e6856e7121fc18049e522ccc8d9.png

image.png.272d1f7feb38f64d2269ca0227e7de14.png

30 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Scale 75 is a tad thicker and needs to be shaken well.

Usually turns out opaque/matt.

My paint collection consists for about a third Reaper. A third Vallejo and a third Scale 75, a few other brands with a pot or bottle here or there.

The metallics are really the best around.

They also have these greens:

image.png.6d6d8e6856e7121fc18049e522ccc8d9.png

image.png.272d1f7feb38f64d2269ca0227e7de14.png

Interesting, might have to give them a try.  I’ve really only got all Reaper paints right now. Might venture a bit out of my paint comfort zone!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Samedi
      This Tembo spent the last few years half-painted on my shelf of shame. Finally I took the time to finish it. Not my best work, but at least it's off my desk.

I am not really happy with the heavy drybrushing. Also the base was supposed to be reddish brownish but turned out purple. At least the highlights are more or less where I wanted them to be.

I really love this sculpt though. It is an old Ral Partha Mini by my favourite sculptor (sculptress?) Sandra Garrity and it stays very true to the original artwork in the monstrous compendium.

According to Dark Sun lore a Tembo is something like a psychic dog that steals and eats children at night.
      The earrings are a mystery to me. How on earth (Athas?) does the Tembo get to wear earrings? Who helps the Tembo dress?
      The original artwork clearly shows the earrings as well but gives no explanation. I have wondered ever since I saw that picture...

So here it is. Enjoy!
      C&C - as always - very welcome!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all!
      So here is another Ral Partha piece I just finished. I actually like this miniature a lot, even though the proportions are a little weird. The figure itself is a Houri, which I didn't know before I looked it up, refers to one of the virgins an adherent to Islam would receive after death.  

With her, I tried to do some kind of sheer or transparent fabric, but it really didn't work out like I wanted it to.  One day I'll hunt down a tutorial on how that's supposed to work.  I'm also not 100% satisfied with one of her eyes, but it's such a small field, short of doing it all completely over, it would be a bit rough to patch up, so at the moment I may just leave her as she is.  I actually want to eventually do this gal in a few different skin tones. This version used Terrain Khaki as the base color, but I'd also like to do a tan version as well as a fair skin version.  One of these days perhaps, but now it's on to the next miniature.

Another interesting part about this mini is she was a "resculpt" of an older Citadel piece also of the same name. What I'd really like to do one day is get a hold of the original Citadel mini and paint her up as well.

But in the meantime, here she is:

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening gents and gentettes,

So finally got another one finished this afternoon. I was working on him for a while now and got done painting him two nights ago, let him cure, got his base attached last night, and then this afternoon on my lunch break (working from home for the foreseeable future) got his grass stuck on and photos taken.

So with this elf, I didn't want to just do him in either browns or greens, so went with yellows and oranges with some leathery colors instead.  I also did his bow thinking of more of an ivory bow, so off white. There were a few other things I could have done with him, but calling him done. This one is a classic Ral Partha Julie Guthrie figure from her range "All Things Dark and Dangerous", from back in the eighties.  Most of them you can still end up getting still from Iron Wind, so that is a plus. Anyways, here he is, hope you like him!

• Who's Online   22 Members, 3 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)