Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I only saw one thread about crackle paste when I searched these forums.
So, I’m going to share how it’s going for me.
I started with washed and dried 1” and 2” Reaper Bases.
I put this garbage on a 2 inch base first.
Don’t buy it. I got it at Hobby Lobby at the time because they were out of Folk Art.
To be clear, this is Crackle Medium.
It is meant to be painted on a primed or rough surface I guess, and painted thin. I put it on kind of thick. It didn’t crackle at all!
So, I got a tub of this stuff on Amazon.
The directions state “put over a thin layer of PVA glue.” Pfft, who has time for that extra step?
Here is the result on a washed but otherwise un prepped set of bases.
So, the surface needs something for crackle paste to work right.
This is a 1” base with a thin layer of PVA glue.
This is a 1” base with just hitting it with 220 grit sandpaper and washing it again.
I also used the 2” base with dried crackle medium on it. Not pictured.
This is a 2” base covered in black brush on primer.
Here is the result on the 2” base over dried crackle medium. It was hard to get the stuff into a uniform layer, as the medium created a very hydrophobic surface, so the paste slides around too easy.
Yeah, another base. Shocker, I know. It's one I've been thinking about for years, basically, since I bought the beads that are in it.
So, the premise:
I use the air-dry clay hexes from the previous project as well as these beads I bought at Walmart so long ago. The Bugle Beads are hex-shaped and iridescent. The color on the tube is labeled as "black iris."
I build a flat of the hexes and use the beads upright on a portion of the base to represent an unusual terrain. I use a pill bottle shell along one edge to build the terrain upward on that edge more easily. I'll peel that off later.
So here's the bottom layer of the piece.
The front layer is as high as it will go. The next layer will go to the top of the beads and also be flat. The last layer will be more like a hill on the other side of the beads.
Now if this was for a mech it would look like pilings holding back the earth. I will use more of them here than just along the fronts.
Stay tuned. Enjoy. Please, stay safe.
Hello everyone, here are pictures of a 77341 Lioness. This Bones model was sculpted by Geoff Valley. I painted it as a Black (Blue) Panther.
I kept the original base and sculpted additional high grass around to incorporate it to a larger 2 inches square base. The trees are dried roots.
I always wanted to paint a Cronosaurus so when Antimatter Games offered on through a Kickstarter I took it.
In hindsight I regret getting the FDM printed version, I should have gone for the resin one since you can clearly see the printlines on this one.
On the other hand it was a good deal and it helped me to choose what kind of printer I wanted.
This came preprinted
Part of my Lost World Project.
Hope you enjoy the beastie.
Who's Online 19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)