Stygian barge (AKA brush killer)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

trusty size 1 and the rest with my size 0 brush.

Now that is a feat! The base coat alone probably took a good 10+ hours! I personally plan on loading up the airbrush and blasting this sucker into oblivion. I just need to make sure I have a spare of the browns I plan to use first.

I dig the nasty green bone water in there. It makes me want to try something "old ghost ship" like with some dim leds lighting it up from the inside.

• Like 1

Wow nice job! I’ve seen a few of these posted but not one done as well as yours. The green bilge water area came out fantastic. Reminds me of the big pot Conan knocks over in the first movie, but w better color. Not sure if the figurehead fits with the rest of the scheme, but the rest of the ship is exactly how I envision it when I’ve seen an unpainted one. 

Don’t sell yourself short on your painting skills, I’m happy you shared it

• Like 2

thanks folks.

@Darsc Zacal  I used almost every brown I had at some point.  Even the blond hair triad for the highlights and clotted red for the railing.   Trying to make the different components/portions of the ship look like different types of wood is what took me soooo long.

• Like 3

This is the 1st I have seen painted and looks really fantastic. Immediately upon receiving this model I threw it into a box, didn't even look closely at it. I didn't know there was bones and gunk floating around in there. What I did know is that I would not be getting to this model for a long time.    

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.