Sign in to follow this  
Metalchaos

07008, Luwin Phost the Wizard

I really like the color choices on this one! Yellow is a tricky color, and you did great! The purple book is a great pop color, and your stars look better than mine - great job!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He is a very impressive looking creation, BEAUTIFULLY painted in a WONDERFUL array of colors. VERY WELL DONE as always!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful crisp detail - and love the yellow/ochre robe - and the hair color reads very well as dirty blond turning grey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BrokenWolf668 said:

Superb, very nice work on the beard!

6 hours ago, Iridil said:

Beautiful crisp detail - and love the yellow/ochre robe - and the hair color reads very well as dirty blond turning grey

Thanks, a durty blond hair and beard is exactly what I was aiming for. I wanted it to be elegant but also dusty.

After all, it's been certainly a week since he descended into this dungeon with his fellow adventurers.

This is a splendid paint job. I agree with the others, but I enjoyed especially:

The subtle texture on the sleeping roll.

The effective OSL, simulating just a light shine from the glowing orb.

The light weathering on the red robe at the shoulder piece.

The deep contrast of the reds without going too far into orange or pink.

The finely executed freehand stars on the robe.

What I would suggest to make the miniature even better:

Slightly increase the contrast on the scroll and pouch or colour shift both to not be too close in colour to the robe. At the moment they get a bit lost.

Add some more interesting textures to the base. For instance moss between the stones, rubble and dust.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your encouragement everyone and a special thanks for your comments and suggestion @Peithetairos, you are absolutely right. I hope to find some time to refine the points you mentioned. I think I can glaze over the scroll and pouch to alter their tone. I will post this model along with the other Dungeon Dwellers I recently painted in the forum annual contest and I had to finalize the diorama before the end of December. I took pictures of my diorama Yesterday and I will post them today. If my schedule allows me, I'll add more decorative elements to the diorama, correct some stuff and repost final pictures before the deadline.

Here's a group picture of my Dungeon Dwellers I took Yesterday.

252073138_DungeonDwellers000.thumb.JPG.912764e194159e4164b498c806cc916b.JPG

Edited by Metalchaos
  • Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kikkenass
      For your consideration I present my take on the Wizard’s Workshop. This piece was created in response to a challenge issued by a Twitch streamer that I follow. The challenge was themed Fatherly for Fathers Day 2020. I spent several hours searching for the right model until I came across this piece. Inspired by Alexi Z’s example on the Reaper website I decided to try OSL for the first time. (Using an airbrush is almost cheating lol) I wanted to find a unique base for this project and settled on the Shattered Ritual 100mm base by Secret Weapon Miniatures. In addition to the Wizard’s Workshop I also added 77318: Bookshelf, 77248: Crates (Large and Small) (2) and 77249: Large Barrel Small Barrel to the scene

The Glowing effect was created by adding LIT Green Glow Pigment by Culture Hustle and mixing it with the acrylic paint and applying it with the airbrush. C&C welcome  

• By Neptune1999
      This model is a Dark Sword Miniatures masterpiece of a sculpt by Jeff Grace. Never before have I seen so many tiny etchings on plate armor, especially on a figure that is barely 1.6 inches high. I feel a bit let down by my red OSL, but then again, this was only my second real attempt at the process, which is surely one I need to practice more. 

• By Maledrakh
      What is a faux-prehistoric setting without Cavemen? The stereotypical fur-clad, monosyllabic unwashed barbarian that whacks a woman over the head with a club and then drags her by the hair into a cave?
      Or at least, sporting the "cave man" look that was popularised in The Flintstones and The Far Side.
      The reason these types are prehistoric lies in the name. Pre-history, as in "before recorded time". Which really is most of time.
      We don't really know all that much about prehistoric man other than what can be gleaned through archeology. We do know that there existed several different sub-species of humans concurrently up to about 50.000 years ago. Neanderthals would be one such sub-species, the Hobbits (Homo Florensis) another.
      Then we (or something) killed off all the others. Some evidence of interspecies breeding is still to be found in our modern DNA.

#628-631 These were only shown as silhouettes in the KS.

From left to right: Shaman. clubber, spearman, archer.
      These are technologically advanced cavemen, as shown by their use of the bow.

The Shaman. I call him Barney. He succeeded in the Quest for Fire.

The clubber, Thag Simmons. He will be known to posterity by the manner of his demise. (Should have stayed clear of the tail end of that Stegosaur.)

Fred, the spearman. Used stones of flint to make a sharp spearhead.

Archie the bowman. His right hand strategically placed to hide his embarrassing lack of arrows from the others.

These were simple and fun to do in regular paints on a black undercoat.

I come in search of the answer to the Riddle of Steel! What do you know about it?

These minis were finished June 14th 2020.

44086 Black Bear Tribe Cavemen (4)
      Bones 4 kickstarter, delivered 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      Made in Bones Black PVC
      available from reapermini.com
    • By Lostraven
      Here is another wizard from the Greybeards subset of the Bones 4 Core set. This one does have a metal version (SKU 03953) and was sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I had fun with this figure. I love the character in these wizard figures. This one is strongly reminiscent of Gandalf. Though I resisted the temptation to go grey I did sneak Gandalf's rune onto the medallion on the back of his hat.

• By Lostraven
      I started working on the wizards from the Bone 4 core set. I was originally running through the usual themes - brown, grey, red etc. but this colour scheme on a different figure really caught my eye and I thought it would work on this figure. I didn't realize he was supposed to be an evil wizard until I looked it up on line (sku 03847 by Bobby Jackson btw). But hey evil wizards can like bright colours too, right?

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)