Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Cthulhu Rising (Nolzur's Star Spawn, plus Occult Detective and Darkspawn)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi folks.  I've got plenty of minis painted from the last two years to slowly share with you all.  Here we have the D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures Human Druid 73390.  I was in need of a Firbolg Monk for my party, and Nolzur's had yet to release any of their firbolg models.  Since the character would be traversing a frigid wasteland, I also wanted to find a character who was properly clothed - no sleeveless/shirtless monks for me.  I settled on this character because he was properly rangery and most importantly - bearded.

I chopped off his sword and the antlers on his back, glued a toothpick to his empty hand, sculpted some acceptable ears using green stuff and gave him some paint.  I really like how it turned out and it managed to feel like the perfect blend between monk and naturalist.

Though i must admit, his face is a bit muppety.

More Photos Below the Spoiler:

Pau, is a Firbolg from the tribes of Frostrun. He set out on a pilgrimage like many Firbolg do, and found himself at a monastery to the south, at the edge of the Frost.  The monastery, besides providing shelter to the wary traveler, depicted a statue of Firbolg.  Pau took this as a sign and spent several years training in the way of the Four Elements.  Armed with this new power, Pau has set back out to the North to return home and restore order to Frostrun.

Check out the rest of the Frostrun project HERE.

What kind of conversions have you done to make the perfect character?
    • By Rigel
      Slaad from Nolzur's. Blue and Green painted in their normal colors; Death and Gray panted in red and black. 
      Not just for fantasy; also make good spacemonsters and post-apocalyptic mutant/invaders, as shown here.

• By MusicalFeline
      So, I recently purchased the "Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments Monsters Paint Set". Came with a bunch of Army Painter washes and paints and yadda yadda yadda...

But it also came with this neat Owlbear mini, which is what I have to share with you guys today!

First eyes I ever successfully painted. But in my defense, I'd only ever tried on minis with smallish eyes, which was NOT the brightest idea I'd ever had. The left eye turned out really good in my opinion, but the right one was a bit messy.

I also need to do so me touch-up work on the base. I got a bit careless with the wash, and uh... Yeeeeah.

Lastly and leastly, I didn't upload an outdoor picture as I usually do. That'll probably come later, provided I don't forget. 

• By Rigel
      Frog-folk are always irresistible, and tiny poison-arrow frog-folk even more so. These are from a Nolzur's 3-pack. One had some kind of horns on its head I didn't fancy, so I trimmed those off. Look at these big-headed little savages!  

More angles: 

But I know you're all here for the Grenadier! Afraid I had to get this Marsh Dragon from Mirliton, but I couldn't resist. It's so salamander-like, with goggling newt eyes and axolotl gills, and that lovely rounded snout. We're really jaded by fancy dragons after years of fantasy art. Even a low-level drake like this would be pant-fillingly TERRIFYING in real life. Look at that dynamic curve of its body, the lashing tail! The armored prehistoric arrogance of a crocodilian, but faster and more agile; something with the metabolism of a tiger and the yawning bite of a leopard seal, with a bone-breaking tail-swipe. This is a great 'cryptid' dragon, suitable for Call of Cthulhu or a low-fantasy gritty medieval / renaissance game. 

You know any treasure hoard is buried deep in soft, acidic mud, too. They don't stockpile precious metals in particular, but anything else gets corroded away in that caustic sump.

Like the Grungs, I gave it vivid aposematic coloration, partly like the salamanders it resembles, and partly because many of the dragons chronicled in Continental European legend were feared less for their size than for their virulent poison. 

I don't know what the excrescence on its back is meant to be; certainly not wings. Maybe a bony outgrowth, maybe a Suriname Toad style brood pouch of puckered and toughened hide, maybe an organic saddle. Since there are so many styles and colorations of poison dart frogs, I might get another pack of Grung and modify one of them to ride on this thing. Their bandy legs and its peaked carapace look like a good fit.

EDIT: More froggies! 

• By Nameless
      Here's my version of Reaper's Dark Young for all you Cthulhu fans out there, though for me it is a Portal of Despair from my Swampstalkers army :) 

• Who's Online   31 Members, 2 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)