• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Evilhalfling
      Dawnsfire roars her defiance at the setting sun. although they fear her power during the day, the servants of the Dark One will come again this night, seeking once again to gain the artifact that she and her ancestors have protected for a thousand years. Someday they may rest it from her and begin the ritual open the gates of the Night, but it will not be today.

• By theleast
      I'm painting again after a looong absence.

The colour scheme was inspired by Australian Frilled-neck Lizards and Thorny Devils. Base was extended with an MDF circle, cork, stones, and green stuff. I used my airbrush to prime it all and lay down the base colours, then lots of hand-painting, washing and drybrushing.

• By Crowley
      In the Storm King's Thunder campaign I'm playing in we've had 2 encounters with an ancient blue dragon named Iymrith. I don't have a painted blue dragon... And my very pregnant DM isn't going to get one bought and painted before we need her, so...

Digging through my minis, I figured Narthrax was as close as I've got. It was going to be blue anyway (or dessert sands brown) so that was my top choice. I also thought about the wizkids dragons, but the FLGS only had the green, and I wasn't all that impressed with the sculpt. I'd rather drop $30 on another Narthrax if I'm gonna paint a brown one in the future.

Tonight I pulled her out, scrubbed her down, and started working on her base.
      She could probably for on a smaller base, but with her wingspan, and the fact that she's an ancient dragon, I figure she deserves it.

and the cork will give her some extra height. 

It helps her look even bigger as compared to Blightfang!

More to come!
    • By hrafna
      So i painted up my narthrax using purple to green chameleon on the wings, clear pirple for the body with a metallic purple drybrush, shining mitheril for the eyes and teeth and a milkyway auto pigment mixed into acrylic medium for the horns and tongue. Unfortunately the chameleon paint effect doesn't show up in pics, but looks amazing in person.

• By wdmartin
      After two months of work, he is done!  I give you ... Narthrax the White.

If that's not enough for you, there are a hundred and forty eight more pictures in the WIP thread, documenting his development in excruciating detail.

On a side note, as I made the final adjustments and took the photos, I finished watching the climactic episode of Critical Role.  And it was awesome.
  • Who's Online   23 Members, 2 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)