CAV Universe RPG

turtle

OK - I see a lot of interest in the Sci-Fi forum for a CAV rpg - so I am willing to give it a shot, but my time can be limited, so this may not play as fast as some forum-games.

I am looking for 4-6 players, reasonably familiar with CAV. I want to form a new Mercenary Company, "Black Inquisition". As you can probably tell, they would be an agressive Malvernian group, but I want a mix of CAV races - Terrans, Adonese, Rach, Malvie, Ritterlich . . . whatever. The PCs don't even have to be Khardullians, but they do have to be willing to work for Inquisitor Jex, sponsor of the unit, and high official in the Khardullian Church.

Hey - We just want to save your souls. If we have to bring war to you, so be it. But we aren't against you - we want everyone to be on the same side - Khardullis' side.

As for time frame, I want to begin With the start of the recently announced UCOR war preceeding the galaxy war. The war should provide the Merc unit plenty of resources, and opportunities for espionage, intruige, and out-of CAV and in-CAV action sequences. We'll use d20 Modern Classes, because I have that book, although we may need to use Prestige classes from Mecha Crusade 9as seen in Dungeon magazine) or d20 Mecha.

Post Interest letters here, then PM me with character concepts. We can work out the rest soon.

Hope to see you on the battlefield!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaning toward d20 modern, although I may have to use Dragonstar . . . Definitly a d20 game, I know hte system best,a nd it will allow me to stat-up Melvies, Rach, Terran, Adonese, Ritterlich pretty easy.

Terrans are welcome, too.

I think I will begin the game on Syrma (165) - it's near enough other systems, and along a pretty major shippig lane/jump lane.

Whew! I guess I need to explain stuff like that. - Erm,

No, as for Grundor specific Background, anything that would allow you to wind up in a Merc Company, and be either a Khardullian or desperate enough to work for them. . .

For Equipment, do you mean personal equipment? Because your "Official gear" will be supplied by Jax. I'll post a bigger intro in the next few days, once My computer at home is working again . . . but, please, Frosch, ask for what you need to know still. I've never DM'ed a Forum game, only pen and paper, and never one electronically.

Definitly a d20 game, I know hte system best,a nd it will allow me to stat-up Melvies, Rach, Terran, Adonese, Ritterlich pretty easy.

Allow me to help, and by so doing you guys and gals can help me by testing these out a bit further than they have been.

(begin Senator Palpatine voice) I will watch this forum with great interest.

Adonese

Ability Score Adjustment:

+2 Dexterity

-2 Constitution

Racial Feats:

Preternatural Agility: +2 Racial Bonus to Reflex Saves

Alien Grace: +2 Racial Bonus to Balance, Escape Artist, Move Silent, Perform: Dance, Tumble skill checks

Malvernis

+2 Constitution

-2 Wisdom

Racial Feats:

Resilient biology: +2 Racial Bonus to Fortitude Saves versus Poison, Disease, Drugs and may eat raw or otherwise normally unpaletable foods

Darkworld Vision: Malvernis may see in total darkness out to 60 feet. Darkworld vision is black and white only but is otherwise like normal light.

Rach

+2 Strength

-2 Charisma

Racial Feats:

Berserk: Once per day a Rach may enter a Berserk fury. While Berserk the Rach inflicts an additional +2 Melee Damage, gains 2x level hit points, and a +2 Racial bonus to Will Saves for the duration of the Berserk rage. The Rach stays Berserk for a number of rounds equal to their Constitution Bonus +5. While Berserk the Rach may not use missile weapons or any skills that require concentration or patience. The Rach may end the Berserk any time voluntarily. Once the Berserk ends the Rach is Fatigued for the next 15 minutes and suffers a -2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. While Fatigued the Rach cannot Charge or Run. When the Berserk Fury ends the bonus hit points go away, if this reduces the Rach to below -10 Hit Points the Rach dies.

Thick Hide: Rach have a natural 1/- Damage Reduction

Ritterlich

+2 Charisma

-2 Constitution

Racial Feats:

Empathic: +1 Racial Bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, and Sense Motive skill checks.

Predator Instinct: +2 Racial Bonus to Initiative when not Surprised or Ambushed.

Terran

Ability Score Adjustment: none

Racial Feats:

Skilled: Terrans receive an additional number of Skill Points at character creation equal to thier Intelligence Modifier +4 (minimum of 1). Each time a Terran gains a level they gain the normal number of Skill Points, plus an additional number of skill points equal to their Intelligence Modifier +1 (minimum of 1).

Passion: At character creation the Terran may take an additional Feat for free

All Half Breeds

Racial Feats: Half Breeds may choose 1 Racial feat from each parent (their choice). This allows a half-breed to customize their initial Racial Feats

Attributes: Add up all bonuses from all parents and then divide by 2

Example: Ritterlich/Rach would be

+2 STR

-2 CON

+2 CHA

-2 CHA

for a net result of +1 STR and -1 CON

Example: Adonese/Ritterlich would be

+2 DEX

-2 CON

-2 CON

+2 CHA

for a net result of +1 DEX, -2 CON, +1 CHA

Half Breed Weaknesses

All half breeds have weaknesses not found in pure blooded members of their species. A half-breed takes the breed weakness of BOTH parents.

Ritterlich Half Breed Weakness:

Dietary Imbalance: Ritterlich half-breeds suffer a -1 penalty to Fortitude Saving throws

Rach Half Breed Weakness:

Poor Motor Control: Rach half-breeds suffer a -1 penalty to Reflex Saving throws

Terran Half Breed Weakness:

Unstable: Terran half-breeds suffer a -1 penalty to Will Saving Throws

Malvernis Half Breed - Malvernis cannot cross breed with any other known race, there are NO Malvernis half-breeds

And a bonus if you choose to use D20 Modern

Additions to Aircraft Operation Feat: Grav, Starship, Personal Flight System and put a note under Aircraft Operation Feat: Helicopters that since Helicopters don't really exist anymore it also includes ducted fan flying craft (aka "Gunships")

Gun Systems Proficiency (big gun like artillery, mortars, planetary defense guns, starship guns)

Zero G Training (using a vacc suit and moving in zero g without penalty)

Surface Vehicle Operation Feat: CAVs

Advanced Gun Systems Proficiency (use of computerized frontline combat gun systems like ship defense batteries and CAV weapon systems)

Prerequisite Gun Systems Proficiency

Beam Firearms Proficiency

Prerequisite Personal Firearms Proficiency

Advanced Melee Weapons Proficiency (like for the monoslicer)

Prerequisite Archaic Weapons Proficiency

Master Marksman

Prerequisite Far Shot, Dead Aim

allows the character to fire a missile weapon out to range increment x20 instead of range increment x10

one more because it's fun for me to do this

Knowledge: Power Systems (starship drives, breeders, reactors, etc.)

Knowledge: Xenostudies (synergy bonus to reduce penalties for interacting with aliens or a pre-requisite skill to even attempt a roll at GM option on things like medical)

Knowledge: Psionic Phenomena

Knowledge: Medical (knowledge of specific fields of medicine and different disciplines and proceedures, grants synergy bonus to Treat Injury)

and finally as a bonus

(PED) Personal Electronic Device

Size: Tiny

Weight: 1

Purchase DC: 11

Restriction: -

Description : The basic accessory of the 23rd century. A PED is a personal telecommunication device, address book, link to the UICC Net, music player, calculator, personal finance interface (retail stores and automated banking systems have an interface plug for PEDs), timepiece, memo book, schedule planner, alarm clock, health monitor and identification. They are typically interfaced via voice recognition software or with a stylus. Rarely used by individuals trying to conceal their identity or have as few connections to society as possible. PEDs are coded to its user's DNA and are usually worn on the forearm as a bracer or hand-held and kept in a pocket.

Hygenator:

Size: Small

Weight: 2

Purchase DC: 7

The handy dandy all in wonder personal hygene device for the new century! Specially integrated retracting claws, clippers, tweasers, and nano drones will clean your teeth, clip your nails, cut your hair... its a razor for both your face and your legs! Morning breath?? No problem! Teeth a little fuzzy? 20 seconds from the Hygenator and they'll be dentist-visit clean! It even clips, drains, and patches ingrown nails!

Flip it over and it dispenses a mix of deoderant sprays, colognes, and perfumes, customizable by the user! And once its empty don't worry about those troublesome refill kits, just throw it away!

Brought to you by Hy-Corp, because we hate it when you smell bad!

Object: I-Dat Disks

Weight: -

Purchase DC: 18

I-Dat Disks (Dog Tags)

Once worn only by soldiers I-Dat Disks (called "Dog Tags" by Terrans) have become popular all over the galaxy. Typically sold by the GalactiCare UCOR (or other similar large local medical Corp) the civilian version is normally worn as a necklace or kept on the person in pockets. I-Dat Disks store all of a person's important medical records and emergency contact information in all known languages. Dog Tags also send out a UICC-net standardized location coordinate and distress signal when the Disk's sensor detects a medical emergency with the wearer. I-Dat Disks activate whenever the wearer has 1 or fewer hit points or is voluntarily activated. In well habited or civilized areas medical assistance will arrive in 5d6 minutes. The I-Dat Disk grants a +2 Equipment bonus to any Treat Injury rolls if the medical technician is able to first read the data from the disk. The cost of the initial medical treatment and transportation to the nearest medical facility is included in the purchase DC.

Object: I-Dat Disk Reader

Weight: 1 lb

Purchase DC: 6

I-Dat Disk Reader

Allows the user to read the medical information stored on an I-Dat Disk and displays the location of any nearby active I-Dat Disks. Local maps and information is easily downloaded from the UICC network to keep Disk Readers current throughout the galaxy. Remote locations may have only sketchy information available for download from the UICC network based on initial IGS surveys.

A lot of this comes from old old notes and it may not actually be the final mechanics for when the CAV RPG comes out but I hope you enjoy using it in your games.

LEGAL INFORMATION

All text in red is Product Identity and property of Reaper Miniatures Inc. and is not released as Open Game Content.

Permission to copy, modify and distribute this document is granted solely through the use of the Open Gaming License, Version 1.0a.

This document provides an interface to the basic rules and materials needed to create content compatible with the modern setting based on the best-selling tabletop RPG system in the world.

This material is being released using the Open Gaming License Version 1.0a and you should read and understand the terms of that license before using this material.

The text of the Open Gaming License itself is not Open Game Content. Instructions on using the License are provided within the License itself.

All of the rest of the text in this document is Open Game Content as described in Section 1(d) of the License.

More information on the Open Game License can be found at www.wizards.com/d20.

The terms of the Open Gaming License Version 1.0a are as follows:

OPEN GAME LICENSE Version 1.0a

The following text is the property of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. and is Copyright 2000 Wizards of the Coast, Inc ("Wizards"). All Rights Reserved.

1. Definitions: (a)"Contributors" means the copyright and/or trademark owners who have contributed Open Game Content; (b)"Derivative Material" means copyrighted material including derivative works and translations (including into other computer languages), potation, modification, correction, addition, extension, upgrade, improvement, compilation, abridgment or other form in which an existing work may be recast, transformed or adapted; © "Distribute" means to reproduce, license, rent, lease, sell, broadcast, publicly display, transmit or otherwise distribute; (d)"Open Game Content" means the game mechanic and includes the methods, procedures, processes and routines to the extent such content does not embody the Product Identity and is an enhancement over the prior art and any additional content clearly identified as Open Game Content by the Contributor, and means any work covered by this License, including translations and derivative works under copyright law, but specifically excludes Product Identity. (e) "Product Identity" means product and product line names, logos and identifying marks including trade dress; artifacts; creatures characters; stories, storylines, plots, thematic elements, dialogue, incidents, language, artwork, symbols, designs, depictions, likenesses, formats, poses, concepts, themes and graphic, photographic and other visual or audio representations; names and descriptions of characters, spells, enchantments, personalities, teams, personas, likenesses and special abilities; places, locations, environments, creatures, equipment, magical or supernatural abilities or effects, logos, symbols, or graphic designs; and any other trademark or registered trademark clearly identified as Product identity by the owner of the Product Identity, and which specifically excludes the Open Game Content; (f) "Trademark" means the logos, names, mark, sign, motto, designs that are used by a Contributor to identify itself or its products or the associated products contributed to the Open Game License by the Contributor (g) "Use", "Used" or "Using" means to use, Distribute, copy, edit, format, modify, translate and otherwise create Derivative Material of Open Game Content. (h) "You" or "Your" means the licensee in terms of this agreement.

2. The License: This License applies to any Open Game Content that contains a notice indicating that the Open Game Content may only be Used under and in terms of this License. You must affix such a notice to any Open Game Content that you Use. No terms may be added to or subtracted from this License except as described by the License itself. No other terms or conditions may be applied to any Open Game Content distributed using this License.

3.Offer and Acceptance: By Using the Open Game Content You indicate Your acceptance of the terms of this License.

4. Grant and Consideration: In consideration for agreeing to use this License, the Contributors grant You a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license with the exact terms of this License to Use, the Open Game Content.

5.Representation of Authority to Contribute: If You are contributing original material as Open Game Content, You represent that Your Contributions are Your original creation and/or You have sufficient rights to grant the rights conveyed by this License.

6.Notice of License Copyright: You must update the COPYRIGHT NOTICE portion of this License to include the exact text of the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any Open Game Content You are copying, modifying or distributing, and You must add the title, the copyright date, and the copyright holder's name to the COPYRIGHT NOTICE of any original Open Game Content you Distribute.

7. Use of Product Identity: You agree not to Use any Product Identity, including as an indication as to compatibility, except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of each element of that Product Identity. You agree not to indicate compatibility or co-adaptability with any Trademark or Registered Trademark in conjunction with a work containing Open Game Content except as expressly licensed in another, independent Agreement with the owner of such Trademark or Registered Trademark. The use of any Product Identity in Open Game Content does not constitute a challenge to the ownership of that Product Identity. The owner of any Product Identity used in Open Game Content shall retain all rights, title and interest in and to that Product Identity.

8. Identification: If you distribute Open Game Content You must clearly indicate which portions of the work that you are distributing are Open Game Content.

9. Updating the License: Wizards or its designated Agents may publish updated versions of this License. You may use any authorized version of this License to copy, modify and distribute any Open Game Content originally distributed under any version of this License.

10. Copy of this License: You MUST include a copy of this License with every copy of the Open Game Content You Distribute.

11. Use of Contributor Credits: You may not market or advertise the Open Game Content using the name of any Contributor unless You have written permission from the Contributor to do so.

12. Inability to Comply: If it is impossible for You to comply with any of the terms of this License with respect to some or all of the Open Game Content due to statute, judicial order, or governmental regulation then You may not Use any Open Game Material so affected.

13. Termination: This License will terminate automatically if You fail to comply with all terms herein and fail to cure such breach within 30 days of becoming aware of the breach. All sublicenses shall survive the termination of this License.

14. Reformation: If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable.

15. COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Open Game License v 1.0a Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.

Modern System Reference Document Copyright 2002-2003, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.; Authors Bill Slavicsek, Jeff Grubb, Rich Redman, Charles Ryan, Eric Cagle, David Noonan, Stan!, based on material by Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams, Richard Baker, Peter Adkison, Bruce R. Cordell, John Tynes, Andy Collins, and JD Wiker.

END OF LICENSE

Enjoy. Happy Birthday, etc. etc. etc.