Sign in to follow this  
turtle

CAV Universe RPG

Here's what I sent Turtle:

Kendrick Loggerhard is a a cocky, hotshot pilot, decent at gymnastics, a crack shot with an energy pistol, A little better than Decent with a monofillament sword, if he can have one, a very good pilot, and tends to favor action over thinking too hard. He's Terran.

He's also Episcopalian, though I didn't tell Turtle that yet. He wears a St. Joseph of Cupertino pendant, patron saint of pilots and air pasengers. He's wearing his old flight jacket over comfortable street clothes, and Terran-issue combat boots. Rumor has it that he always carries a sidearm for left-handed shooting, and has an electrostatic monofilliment sword in a drop-sheath on his right wrist.

And yes, he is actually that cocky.

Beyond that, I'll look at the character sheet Turtle makes for me, and play him according to that.

I got some modern d20 rules... gimme a little bit to gen. up a character.

I'm picturing Tommy Lee Jones' character from Firebirds..

I have a d20 Modern sheet I yanked off the internet. Unfortunately, it requires either Adobe Standard or Adobe Professional to save changes (like your character data...). Turtle, if you have access to either of those programs I can send you the sheet.

I'll be sending in my own sheet (filled out and saved).

PS

I have access to the Adobe products, also - ia am making an Excel version based on the D&D Excel versions.

I will be including the classes from modern and Spycraft, and probably Future once it is available.

I will make it available once complete.

d20 Modern System Resource Documents

For those of you without access to the materials, the above links to the open-source documents for the d20 Modern RPG.

Just my little contribution to the CAV-RPG Effort. ::D:

d20 future comes out VERY Soon, as well.

Doh!

Of course!

Here's another version, all compiled neatly and beautified.

http://www.12tomidnight.com/d20modernsrd/Home.php

PS

Nym, pretty sure there's no SRD for Spycraft.

Turtle,

How do we treat the 1000 T-reds with d20 Mod's Wealth bonus rules? How many Action Points should we have, and most importantly, what skills are going to cover ECM and TL stuff? Prof (WSO)? Computer Use? Know(tactics)? Any sort of Synergy bonuses between those?

Trying to figure out what skills to max here...

PS

While It runs on the d20 Engine, Spycraft and many of the other games are not covered by the SRD. While some of it is Open Gaming content, the companies in question are under no obligation to make that content available for easy access.

The Open Gaming Initiative is one of the best things WotC has ever done.

How do we treat the 1000 T-reds with d20 Mod's Wealth bonus rules? How many Action Points should we have, and most importantly, what skills are going to cover ECM and TL stuff? Prof (WSO)? Computer Use? Know(tactics)? Any sort of Synergy bonuses between those?

Combat in a CAV will translate to D20 Vehicle combat rules - so it won;t be exactly like CAV combat. TL and ECM and stuff would fall under Profession/CAV Ops or Pilot/Drive(CAV NAME).

Action points - start with 5. Wealth - I'll have to read up on that, but assume Treds translates to $. ANd all sorts of synergy exists between Computers/Profession CAV/Knowledge (anything military).

BTW Erion -these links rock. Helps out for those w/o Modern.

I'll make some based on D20 Mecha. . Unless anybody has those and wants to do this. We need Dragonfly, Mastodon, Starhawk VI for PCs and others for NPC battles soon enough