Stargrave in 2021

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/11/2021 at 2:36 PM, lowlylowlycook said:

Anyone have a good list of of what minis and terrain this calls for?

people, unless specified you can make any of these a robot that does the same stuff: hacker, doctor, soldiers with long guns and grenades, soldiers with grenade launcher, soldier with flame thrower, soldier with big gun, person with knife and pistol, thief with knife and pistol, soldier in very heavy armor, chameleon men, bobafett, pirates both normal and heavy, stone age aliens, criminals 

not people: dog, worm thick as a leg up to 4x height of a man, large fat frog, small flying robot, angry fox wolf, fuzzy rhino, lava bug, umber hulk, small repair bot, big bat bird thing, big fighting robot, catoblepus, monkey with extra eyes and tails, man sized octopus, war robot, blink dog

terrain: almost anything. there are calls for ships and buildings, vaults, an assortment of loot counters, steam vents, columns, bottomless pits, fences, starport, factory, big plants, big machines, lava river

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My stuff left Cincinnati and went to Illinois for a few days, was given to DHL and then given to the post office. However it's still in Illinois. I think I'll do future Nickstarters through Badger.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Has anyone tried mixing and matching bits from the Stargrave minis with either the Frostgrave or Oathmark plastics?

They all fit. 

Played my first game of Stargrave at the club tonight.  Loads of fun and quite deadly.  I finally have a use for all of my sci-fi terrain.  Just photos of the first round unfortunately.  It plays like Ghost Acrhapellago with guns.  Guns in the game are deadly but not insurmountable. 

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

Edited by snitchythedog
  • Like 9
5 hours ago, snitchythedog said:

They all fit. 

Played my first game of Stargrave at the club tonight.  Loads of fun and quite deadly.  I finally have a use for all of my sci-fi terrain.  Just photos of the first round unfortunately.  It plays like Ghost Acrhapellago with guns.  Guns in the game are deadly but not insurmountable. 

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

wait. is that crew in the lower right made of oompa loompas?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
4 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

wait. is that crew in the lower right made of oompa loompas?

What is wrong with that?  They were my runners. 

IMG_0623.jpg

I have to pick up another batch convert to fit into Stargrave.  I am thinking of doing this with guns.

a258bd8b609205beef34192450a26ee6.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
On 5/19/2021 at 7:22 AM, Froggy the Great said:

Now that I have seen your Oompas Loompa, I need to make a crew of Gru and Minions.

I was going to say that this would require building two sets of terrain, pre and post wrecked.  But then I noticed you didn't spell it Groo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thinking over ideas for pirates:

Wargames Atlantic spiders with lasers

Wargames Atlantic Eisenkern Stormtroopers

Pig Iron Scavangers

Some kind of retro style robots.

Kitbash crossover between Frostgrave and Stargrave minis.  Maybe the GA Crewmen with lasers would be fun.

GW Dark Eldar

Mantic Veermyn

Too many possibilities.  Got to get a bit more focused.

• Like 3