Stargrave in 2021

6 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

The eye worm is really neat. It looks like a beholder conversion?

Functionally, yes, but not by me.  It came from an early Kickstarter, Tentacles and Eyeballs, by Dark Platypus Games.  They got a C&D from WotC for using trademarked content, so they salvaged the beholder by turning it into the thing above with a resin casting.  I don’t think they are still for sale. ::(:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Great Khan Artist said:

The eye worm is really neat. It looks like a beholder conversion?

"Tentacles and Eyeballs", a Kickstarter from "Dark Platypus Games", got hit with a C&D last minute.  The Eyeworm was one of many monsters that had a resin expansion part to turn it into a different, distinct monster (which was apparently agreed to by WotC).

You can still totally build the kit as a Beholder though.

1 hour ago, Rob Dean said:

Functionally, yes, but not by me.  It came from an early Kickstarter, Tentacles and Eyeballs, by Dark Platypus Games.  They got a C&D from WotC for using trademarked content, so they salvaged the beholder by turning it into the thing above with a resin casting.  I don’t think they are still for sale. ::(:

Woops, didn't see your response until after I posted mine.  Weird. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got another game in, this time a demo for 3 new players. We used a 4 by 4 board and played the Spaceport scenario. I'd not played with the pirates/unwelcome attention rule before and its brilliant. It really encourages you to run off the board. 

20210910_183612.jpg

20210910_195604.jpg

20210910_215339.jpg

20210910_222852.jpg

20210910_195609.jpg

• Like 8

So many awesome games, you all are so inspirational!

My Quarantine 37 book arrived at the post office today--unfortunately, I didn't make it there early enough and it is trapped until tomorrow after work. It's at least 4 days early, though, it's not set to release until the 14th. Being in the local mailing zone of the Amazon distribution centre is the cat's meow, I preorder all my gaming books now, since this seems to be a regular occurrence.  

EDIT: Dad picked up the mail today, so it's here!

Edited by Great Khan Artist
  • Like 2

Minis and Terrain list for Quarantine 37: A PSA from GKA

[WARNING. POSSIBLE SPOILERS.]

TL;DR: a box or 2 of zombies, and two or more of bugs. No other new minis listed. 

The Shuffling Dead Campaign:

1. Medical Lab: 8 small medical pods/12 if 3-4 players; 8 or 12 plague zombies/+ if using optional rules; 8 or 12 markers; low walls and med lab themed terrain

2. Zombie Shoot: 4 1" square hatches; usual sci-fi clutter; 12+ plague zombies

3. Power Conduit:  6" diameter island with 2" wide moat, with a 2 storey tower taking up most of it; 4+ soldier zombies; industrial terrain

4. Shield Dance: 6 numbered markers; 2 small shuttles; crates and cargo terrain items;  4+ bloater zombies; pieces of string

Strike from the Shadows Campaign:

1. Hydroponics: jungle terrain, piping; 3 doorways for each player; 1+ worker bug, 1+ warrior bug

2. All Aboard: 2 2" wide table length train tracks; several 9x2" carriages with 3 open doors on each side; several warrior bugs and drone bugs

3. Last Stop: 2 wrecked carriages (see above); alien structures and industrial equipment; 4+ warrior bugs; 6" diameter pit

4. Throne Room: Queen bug; 4 corners of ruined wall; ruins, industry and alien terrain; 4 royal guard bugs; 6 egg clusters for each player; 2+ warrior bugs

Solo Campaign/Missions:

Get to the Lift: 2 doorways; 4+ plague zombies, 2+ soldier zombies; 2 markers

Lockdown: 2 plague zombies, 4+ bloat zombies; string, 6 markers

Ticket to Ride: train track (see above); carriages (see above); 6+ warrior bugs

Queen's Chamber: queen bug; wrecked carriage (see above); ruined walls (see above);  4 royal guard bugs; 1 repair bot; 3 doorways; several warrior bugs and acid spewing bugs*

* I think these are needed for solo play only.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Brianuk That’s a great looking game.  I didn’t get too many pictures, but our group met today to play The Data Vault.

B682AF1E-5F49-4C12-A59C-66D0D41BF0EE.thumb.jpeg.6ba26705e6e3d35c77496fdb7ec992c1.jpeg

My one overview shot is widely distorted from using a wide angle lens, so I won’t post it, hoping that @Chris Palmer took one.

While I built the holographic walls, my first mate was way too busy with other matters to try activating any of them.  She did manage to get the new drone on the table.  I ended up with 100 xp, one treasure, and no downed crew, so we’ll just hope for better next time.  Of 12 loot tokens on the table, 4 were not unlocked by the end of the game.

• Like 7

Yes, as @Rob Dean hoped, I get an overview shot.  This was the 3rd game of our campaign and we had 5 players on a 6' x 3' table. This scenario proved to be very frustrating as the data pillars offered scant cover and their layout presented nice clear fire lanes. This was magnified with a multiplayer game as players had to watch for enemies both on their flanks as well as across from them.  I was also hampered by having my First Mate KO'd by a Sniper in the first turn. However, in the end everyone in my crew survived unscathed, and I got one Loot off the table. So a win in my book. Frustrating as it was, it was still a good time, and offered some interesting challenges.

Overview.  I started on the edge in the nearest corner.

IMG_2180.jpeg

My crew enters the vault.

IMG_2181.jpeg

My Captain and Codebreaker advance to the nearest pillar in hopes of moving the central Loot Token, as my Chisler rushes forward to the next pillar down.

IMG_2183.jpeg

My Hacker works to unlock a token, as my Gunner keeps watch nearby.  This was the only treasure I managed to get off the table.   The rest of my crew is spread our behind,  seeking what scant cover they can find.

IMG_2185.thumb.jpeg.e826815a005d2f2548817fb74c28ff4e.jpeg

A mid-game shot showing how busy our Grenade Launchers were during the game.  12 smoke templates in play to help supplement the cover.  And there's 2 of my Holographic Walls, in the lower left, as well.

IMG_2190.jpeg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 6

Have just played 'The Broken Fence'. It might be my favourite so far. We used the dinosaurs from Para Bellum Conquest as 'ferrox' so you really felt it when two more of them came onto the board. Opponents force is 3d printed. 

20211015_185946.jpg

20211015_195032.jpg

20211015_185949.jpg

Edited by Brianuk
  • Like 1