Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Stargrave in 2021

The tricky thing with crews would be uniforms, but what I've seen of the setting so far provides every excuse for diverse models of space undies. You just have to quell your burning desire for conformity.

• Like 3

This could be what makes me dig my 40K stuff out of deep storage and start painting it again. I've been focused on fantasy/historicals for a very long time with only a little dabbling in spaceships and big stompy robots. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Zink said:

This could be what makes me dig my 40K stuff out of deep storage and start painting it again. I've been focused on fantasy/historicals for a very long time with only a little dabbling in spaceships and big stompy robots. 

I've been trying to come up with a valid reason to dig out some of my old genestealer hybrids (and purestrains).  I wonder if this will be "it"

• Like 7

For a Star Wars Saga RPG game that a friend ran, I actually did a full crew of custom painted minis for the group out of my collection (mostly duplicates - I even made a wookie Jedi with a lightsaber). And in the end, I did give the same colored "uniform" to those characters that were wearing clothes and space suits.

But for Stargrave, I think the more individual approach would fit the "loot hunting" setting better. More like the crew of the Moya from Farscape.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aestivalis said:

But for Stargrave, I think the more individual approach would fit the "loot hunting" setting better. More like the crew of the Moya from Farscape.

Or the Firefly, or the Raza from Dark Matter... I'm looking forward to having an excuse to pull out more of the Chronoscope minis, and the various other sci-fi minis I've collected over the years. 

• Like 5

On 10/24/2020 at 7:18 PM, Crowley said:

Or the Firefly, or the Raza from Dark Matter... I'm looking forward to having an excuse to pull out more of the Chronoscope minis, and the various other sci-fi minis I've collected over the years. 

So am I!

• Like 2

On 10/24/2020 at 7:18 PM, Crowley said:

(I'm still really upset about Dark Matter getting canceled.)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

(I'm still really upset about Dark Matter getting canceled.)

I just finished watching it on Netflix this weekend... :down:

• Like 1

I started going through my collection to find possible crewmates, and I COMPLETELY forgot about the miniatures from the Star Saga kickstarter. I was initially a little disappointed in them when they showed up because the sculpting wasn't as good as some of the CMON minis from various boards games I had backed. But upon a second glance, some of them are about equal to some of the pre-painted collectible Star Wars minis, and with a little work, some of them will definitely be on the crew (or as replacements as crew are killed off, assuming it has a similar mechanic to Frostgrave).

So, bonus freebie score!

• Like 8

I'll be preordering this through my FLGS.  Talked to them about it today, and I'll most likely run a couple of games there after it comes out (assuming things get normal-ish in 6 more months or so)

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Aestivalis said:

I started going through my collection to find possible crewmates, and I COMPLETELY forgot about the miniatures from the Star Saga kickstarter. I was initially a little disappointed in them when they showed up because the sculpting wasn't as good as some of the CMON minis from various boards games I had backed. But upon a second glance, some of them are about equal to some of the pre-painted collectible Star Wars minis, and with a little work, some of them will definitely be on the crew (or as replacements as crew are killed off, assuming it has a similar mechanic to Frostgrave).

So, bonus freebie score!

they paint up pretty well

• Like 1

I ended up looking through the copy of Ghost Archipelago last night and, from what has been posted here, it sounds like it's going to be more like that than FrostGrave. Which I like. I don't think I'll ever play FG now that I have GA. :ph34r:

• Like 3

I Just made a post over in the Conversions section about modifying a couple of the pre-painted plastic D&D miniatures for my Stargrave crew. Here's the link;

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/68042-chaos-wolfs-conversion-clinic-pic-heavy-open-topic/&do=findComment&comment=1980107

Enjoy.

• Like 6