• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is potentially exciting...

The "fleet" is coming together!

I started going through my collection to find possible crewmates, and I COMPLETELY forgot about the miniatures from the Star Saga kickstarter. I was initially a little disappointed in them when they s

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Want to share that I wrote about building my cardboard shuttle, the Lana Emirp, for the hanger bay scenario here. I've finished painting (but need to write that up still) and have begin work on my second ship, which is being built using a clementine box!

• Like 3

More official Stargrave! Joe writes about it on his blog. http://therenaissancetroll.blogspot.com/2021/01/stargrave-preparing-pirates.html A list of figures you can start preparing for the new game.

I'm actually *not* looking forward to Stargrave, I'd rather see more material for the other -graves. But I know so many people are, and I'm happy for them. I probably will buy the book anyway, just to convert it into Ghost Archipelago and to support Joe. I don't have a copy of Oathgrave yet. I'm a skirmish gamer, but when I acquire enough Crocodile Games Egyptians and Greeks, I will. I'm not a huge fan of Wargods, which is Crocodile Games' original, but I think Oathgrave will work well with the models from that game/range.  

EDIT: okay, okay, I love boats, so it could be a naval game with regular pirates or Sea Peoples. And probably an excuse to kick myself for not buying Sophie's Revenge. 

Edited by Great Khan Artist
  • Like 2

@Crowley I'm curious to see how your "mazda shuttle" turns out. :lol:

I went looking for some GA stuff and was disappointed to see so little. I do like it better than FG but I think FG has a bigger appeal for the people I know.

Since I prefer sci-fi, I really want to pick up SG. I did find a game called Fantastic Worlds, which has a very retro sci-fi/Raygun Gothic visuals. Not sure if I'm going to pick it up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Anyone who needs to make some ships, there's the Hercules Dropship for CAV that could easily be used in a 28mm scale game.

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/49610-hercules-dropship-plans-by-neil-nowatzki/

image.png.04b1d0bbe806f2d4f40254bc73525936.png

pic from @Skrill and his showoff thread here

image.png.60c80dfe958c134be467a9ea5e1756eb.png

this pic from pintrest. Not sure the original source.

• Like 6

Initially, I hadn't considered the opposition force miniatures, and was just focusing on making miniature options for my crew. But after reading the creator's blog, I'm now working on some miniatures from my collection that aren't exactly my favorites, and I probably wouldn't use them in my own crew, but they would be suitable as loaner minis for another player, or as OpFor as described in that blog.

Even more stuff to work on.

I shall live forever*

*(according to the universal law that states "when you run out of miniatures to work on... you die")

• Like 5

...huh.

I think the Broken Infantry from the Maelstrom's Edge line actually look a bit better (Maelstrom's Edge was also mentioned in the creator's blog by one of the posters).

I think a lot of my "pirate" opposition will be made up of repurposed WotC Star Wars miniatures. Several of my crew are already modified or cleaned-up/repainted minis from that line (there will be pics eventually). I've got some Bones Chronoscope minis in there as well.

I have old Cadian Imperial Guard as local militia OpFor troops (or Tau for militia on an alien world). And tons of Tyranids and D&D mosters as "critters" for less-than-civilized worlds.

• Like 2

Man, a solid sci-fi skirmish rule set would be nice. Kill Team is fun, but clunky, and I know there are other sets out there, but nothing has engaged me quite as much as the WH40K setting and lore as yet. Seems to have a slight Firefly vibe, and that is fine.

• Like 1