• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is potentially exciting...

The "fleet" is coming together!

I started going through my collection to find possible crewmates, and I COMPLETELY forgot about the miniatures from the Star Saga kickstarter. I was initially a little disappointed in them when they s

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Gamingrx said:

Man, a solid sci-fi skirmish rule set would be nice. Kill Team is fun, but clunky, and I know there are other sets out there, but nothing has engaged me quite as much as the WH40K setting and lore as yet. Seems to have a slight Firefly vibe, and that is fine.

Have you checked out the One Page Rules skirmish games?

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Gamingrx said:

Man, a solid sci-fi skirmish rule set would be nice. Kill Team is fun, but clunky, and I know there are other sets out there, but nothing has engaged me quite as much as the WH40K setting and lore as yet. Seems to have a slight Firefly vibe, and that is fine.

Infinity? 

...Has to say it.  Difficult at first to get into though, especially if you're in an area without a warcor. 

• Like 1
On 1/22/2021 at 2:47 PM, Froggy the Great said:
On 1/22/2021 at 9:42 AM, lowlylowlycook said:

Have you checked out the One Page Rules skirmish games?

Or FUBAR.  Let me know, I can hook you up.

I have those and liked them both and also Nordic Weasel has a couple games, Renegade Scout and 5 Parsecs which seem decent. I haven't played anything except fantasy and historical in ages but the boys have printed some scifi stuff so I may dig out all my 40k models someday soon. I've grown away from GW but still like the minis.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Not sure if it had been pointed out here or not, but it has been reveled that Joe MCCullough will having two panels at Reaper Virtual Experience; one on Frostgrave and one for Stargrave.

I did not know that. Thanks for sharing. I really want to attend those sessions live. I might just have to take a mental health day. 

• Like 4

So, my current plan would be to go eccentric (what a surprise...) and do this with 1970s/‘80s vintage SF figures in (mostly) true 25s.  The usual bands of 10 or so?  Guess I’d be committing to at least four crews and whatever the encounters are at the point.

Or, @Chris Palmer, maybe we do this with vintage 1930s semi-flat Buck Rogers figures?  I need that last mold, with the robot and the space cyclops...

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

So, my current plan would be to go eccentric (what a surprise...) and do this with 1970s/‘80s vintage SF figures in (mostly) true 25s.  The usual bands of 10 or so?  Guess I’d be committing to at least four crews and whatever the encounters are at the point.

Or, @Chris Palmer, maybe we do this with vintage 1930s semi-flat Buck Rogers figures?  I need that last mold, with the robot and the space cyclops...

I have a smattering of the old Heritage Galacta stuff, so might be able to cobble together something there I guess.

As intriguing as the Buck Rogers idea is, I think the limited figure choice will be problematic.  If it's like his other rules, and you need 6-8 different "types" for each warband/crew, things will get repetitive fast.  

• Like 5
53 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

I have a smattering of the old Heritage Galacta stuff, so might be able to cobble together something there I guess.

As intriguing as the Buck Rogers idea is, I think the limited figure choice will be problematic.  If it's like his other rules, and you need 6-8 different "types" for each warband/crew, things will get repetitive fast.  

I bought a huge lot of Galacta a couple of years ago...I could probably supplement. ::D:

• Like 2

I've been picking up some pulp style (Raygun Gothic is the term I prefer) stuff from Reaper and a few other places in preparation for this. I don't care if it vibes with what we get. Mostly because the only minis game I've found that tries to do the setting/genre is in that RPG/minis game hybrid zone, which is fine with good friends, but not good to pick-up games and the like.

• Like 5