Sign in to follow this  
haldir

mechanical dog mini?

I'm in need of a mini similar to the iron defender mini that is/was made by Wizards in their prepainted line. If anything I can always use that one, but I figured I'd ask if anyone has seen anything. Needs to be a medium size (1 inch) base.

thanks!

1 hour ago, haldir said:

I'm in need of a mini similar to the iron defender mini that is/was made by Wizards in their prepainted line. If anything I can always use that one, but I figured I'd ask if anyone has seen anything. Needs to be a medium size (1 inch) base.

thanks!

Ironwind Metals - Dwarven Guard Dog Golem?

image.png.3d16bb3be0f247e714917c029198fb19.png

• Like 2

Warhammer 40000 did a robo-dog in 1988.

Crossover Miniatures has a 3-pack of Robo-Dogs but seem to be out of stock.

Wild West Exodus has a pricey K9 Attack Dogs set of robot dogs, only one of which ressembles the Iron Defender.

Necromunda also has some Cyber-Mastiffs...

• Like 4

rbj games does 2 different robo dogs, one on a wheel one on legs, but they are both kind of small dogs

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
  • Like 2

ArtelW has some cyberdogs - they're pretty good sized, and more techie than mechanical-flavored. 

One of the other resin casters doing not-40k has some cyber-canines in their wheelhouse for their not-Arbites, but I don't have a manufacturer's name to hand just at the moment - they're fairly similar in look-and-feel, though, and not very steampunky/fantasy ish? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

rb gjames does 2 different robo dogs, one on a wheel one on legs, but they are both kind of small dogs

And they feel even smaller, because they come with a 25mm circular base that feels massive by comparison. 

I really should paint mine at some point... 

4 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

And they feel even smaller, because they come with a 25mm circular base that feels massive by comparison. 

I really should paint mine at some point... 

but they are very cute

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions. I may end up going with the Anvil Indus. one. I like that one. I had the Iron Wind Metal one at one time. Picked it up either from a Box O' Goodwill here or from the Melt table at RCon. Either way, it's long gone & probably in some of your metal Reaper minis. :poke: It's a big mini, kinda or horse sized. One reason why it didn't stick with me. Had it been smaller I'd still have it.

Gonna play a artificer (maybe) on the 30th as a friend is running a 8th level 5e game that night.

• Like 2