ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread ((RPM CLOSES December 1st))

On 11/8/2019 at 1:03 PM, Chris Palmer said:

It would never work; cats would end up just pushing everything on the deck, as well as all the cannon, off the sides of the ship anyway, just to watch them fall.    :lol:

This works better when the cat is on top. When the cat is down below, ... well if you're at ReaperCon you can ask my wife about "Kitty want to play with a hammer?" ::D:

On 11/8/2019 at 9:02 AM, Chaoswolf said:

And we certainly don't need that!

(The wailing, I'd be all over some Vikings!)

As long as they have spears, round shields, and spangenhelms (or similar) without any stupid horns. Some axes and sword would also be fine.

13 hours ago, TGP said:

Use a clear one with the Blue Tamiya Clear over the top of it?

For ice, some blue would probably be useful, but I'd recommend making quite a bit of the surface opaque white as well, and possibly adding a bit of snow flock. The opaque will make the figure pop on the table much better than just clear blue. (Tamiya, Badger Minitaire Ghost Tints, or Reaper Clear Blue, but for that last you'll want to mix the blue paint about 1:8 or so with Gloss Sealer).

Also, at least for the clear bits, gloss generally works best. Matte will look frosted (unless frosted is what you're trying for, of course.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Maybe we need a Skeletal Expansion of commonly seen animals for Bones VI

Discworld aside*, having just run an encounter with a skeletal ox and three skeletal pigs, I would appreciate more skeletal livestock.

*Not that I'm upset about anything Discworld-related.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, ladystorm said:

[MOD]

Reminder thread is for Bones 5 Kickstarter. Other topics have other threads.

Reaper Live on Twitch should be discussed in the video subforum.

[/MOD]

Can we get someone to resume starting threads per episode? General users are not allowed to start threads in that forum.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Sanael said:

Discworld aside*, having just run an encounter with a skeletal ox and three skeletal pigs, I would appreciate more skeletal livestock.

*Not that I'm upset about anything Discworld-related.

My remarks on the Discworld scenario  with skelies led me to immediately conclude this is an under-served area in the Reaper Bones Line.

GEM

• Like 6

I suggested several names for the Large Ship Model during the Kickstarter.

Since then I've been doing some research on Historical Pirate Ship Names and here is the beginnings of my list, attributable to the Large Magazine Format book;  All About History Book of Pirates, fourth edition. Copyright 2019 Future Publishing Limited

-

Adventure Galley - William Kidd 1695-98 Note: This ship had both Sails and Oars making it a great threat in calm weather.

Fancy - Henry Every 1694-98

Whydah - Samuel Bellamy 1716-17

Royal Fortune - Bartholomew Roberts {AKA Black Bart} 1719-21  Note: Generally acknowledged as the most successful pirate of the Golden Age of Piracy.

Bersheba - Henry Jennings 1716

Charles - John Halsey 1707

Amity - Thomas Tew 1693

Just a start.  The Tentacles will be adding more.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
tentacles
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Of the historical ship names I've come across so far, when combined with Sophie I lean towards

Sophie's Fortune

It has a nice ring and it makes reference to how our collective wallets have been lightened in the effort to bring this ship to actuality.

GEM

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

HMS Cowbell, because it should also have a ding-hy.

How about RMSS* Cowbell for the Pinance?

*Reaper Miniatures Support Ship

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
tentacles
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4