ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread ((RPM CLOSES December 1st))

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 6.33.06 PM.png

I just realized that the figurehead is photoshopped in there... You can tell from the white aura around it, and how her foot starts to disappear.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yeah I doubt they sculpted that sea around an unpainted model. All to givean impression and that's fine by me. I will be happy to paint it and crowd the deck with minis for display

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Yeah I doubt they sculpted that sea around an unpainted model. All to givean impression and that's fine by me. I will be happy to paint it and crowd the deck with minis for display

The sea is real.  It's transparent blue plastic pulled off a pallet of stuff.

They mentioned the figurehead was attached with bluetack but the bluetack failed.  I suspect this picture was originally taken without the figurehead in place.

• Like 3

The "sea" around it would show white because of the angle they took the photo.  They did not have much of the transparent blue shrink wrap on the model.  If you look at he figurehead you can see the white line to the left of the broken gun.  Ron extended the shrink wrap to make a more convincing sea.  (My theory not from watching the photo being taken.)

for scale ship.jpg

Plastic is real (notice the "blue" in this case yellow tack on the bow.

figure head.jpg

Here she tacked on. Notice behind dress.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

This ship is going to be a display shelf on it's own.

ALL ABOARD!!!

• Like 8

I just got the first of 12(?) printable sky ships from a kickstarter and I had managed to talk myself out of this, but...  OMG the temptation...  I'd even just take the figurehead as a separate piece to paint up! 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Rahz said:

I'd even just take the figurehead as a separate piece to paint up! 

The figurehead and alternate figureheads are in the pledge manager as separate add-on/power ups, so you could just get it to paint up :devil:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Disserrma said:

The figurehead and alternate figureheads are in the pledge manager as separate add-on/power ups, so you could just get it to paint up :devil:

Ooh, I'd missed that!  Thanks!

• Like 4

these pictures almost convinced my wife we need a boat. 

and a display case to put it in. 

I had it in the "that's too big to store"  category but am now on the fence.   

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

these pictures almost convinced my wife we need a boat. 

and a display case to put it in. 

I had it in the "that's too big to store"  category but am now on the fence.   

You have a fence? Problem solved, it can be displayed on top of that..

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Fine fine I added the ship. Wrong for the time period and just so big, but it is a good price and if hubby ever wants a ship, now we will have one 

I can always just not put the cannons on, might help the time period thing a bit

• Like 8

I can truthfully say that as awesome and impressive as the Pirate Ship is, I'm not going to be picking one up. We just don't have space for it and I'd rather spend my money on more dragons and monsters to throw at my players. 

That said, I've already spent more in this kickstarter than in Bones 4 and I'm not finished by a long shot. I'm pretty sure that the ship and chronoscope are the only things that I'm not planning to buy as long as I don't run out of time/money. 

Edit: that sounds a bit grim, doesn't it? I meant time left in the Pledge Manager :lol:

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 8