ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

Just now, kristof65 said:

So the bits and pieces I've picked up point to the Chronoscope Expansion being focused on 1920s/Chtulu sort of stuff? 

If that's true, while it's great for the fans of that sort of stuff, I hope it doesn't mean that there won't be any sci-fi at all. 

They said there was 1 piece that was very pulp.  Apparently an old car.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I love and hate to paint all my miniatures equally.  I sit down every day and curse that I have to paint them, any of them, but then when I don't do it I miss doing it and it wouldn't be any fun to not do it.  I'm like a ship captain who hates the sea.    

• Like 9
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

Well no, I thought that was your personal collection.  I just thought since you do it so much you must be makin money with it too.

oh i used to do commissions on the side for 3 years.  i did a few single pieces or small units (3-4 models to higher quality), but mostly i did army sets/sales. 

For example, i would create a decent army and put on ebay, painted to a higher tabletop standard with freehand banners, lots of modifications, etc for a grand or so.  

From that, i got bunch of private army commissions.  Same deal - lots of conversions, etc but a higher tablestop standard with more work on monsters/lords.  We're talking 2000-4000 pt armies, but i'd get $4K-$6K for them...

then i found, i cant manage that anymore as on ebay ppl want more for less, and for those who request models more as show pieces, there are much better artists than me doing better work for higher than my costs for solo models but not by tons, so instead now, i forward ppl to artists i know who do it as a job or are just much better and do it on the side. that way, i dont feel like im ripping ppl off with my level of quality .  

I'd recommend ppl like: matthieu fontaine, jeremy teboul, alan carrasco, matthew cexwish, bohun, Natalya Melnik, etc.  

even if its more, that higher price is worth the money for the magic those guys can do.  

sanjay

Edited by StarFyre
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

They said there was 1 piece that was very pulp.  Apparently an old car.

They've also said that the Chronoscope expansion is going to be fairly focused this time around. 

I guess the question is, is that pulp car in the Chronoscope expansion or not?  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

I want giant ant people. WITH AN ANTEATER DRAGON. :wub:

NO!!! Bad xenomorph! <squirts on nose with water>  We are not starting another 100 page discussion on another animal dragon hybrid.

23 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

@TaleSpinner   Andy, I just wanted to say your goroloth is incredible and I love it.  It's like you reached into my mind and pulled out exactly what I wanted the previous goroloths to look like.  Which, tbh, is probably the best thing you could have pulled out of there.  But in any case, fantastic job!  It's byoootiful!

Thanks  :wub:

6 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

Dern right it is. Trying to ruin my reputation like that. <_<

What reputation?  I mean seriously, we know you; you are an alien life force with awesome power who's attracted to a VERY stinky goblin.  What is left for a reputation to hang on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

Just now, TaleSpinner said:

What reputation?  I mean seriously, we know you; you are an alien life force with awesome power who's attracted to a VERY stinky goblin.  What is left for a reputation to hang on.

There are, like, 40 states we haven't been to yet who don't know nothin.  And if any one of you warns 'em you'll be in for it.  

• Haha 11

Just now, Crowley said:

In other ways?? :blink: I'm glad we don't live in the same region of the country.

You've never driven in the New Orleans area. I'm a fantastic, patient and understanding saint of a driver by comparison. There are many reasons that Louisiana has the second highest car insurance rate in the country and many of those reasons have defensively made me the driver that I am now.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

They've also said that the Chronoscope expansion is going to be fairly focused this time around. 

I guess the question is, is that pulp car in the Chronoscope expansion or not?  

I think the car and some investigators were supposed to be part of Chronoscope expo.  However, Ron said it so who really knows.  

6 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

oh i used to do commissions on the side for 3 years.  i did a few single pieces or small units (3-4 models to higher quality), but mostly i did army sets/sales. 

For example, i would create a decent army and put on ebay, painted to a higher tabletop standard with freehand banners, lots of modifications, etc for a grand or so.  

From that, i got bunch of private army commissions.  Same deal - lots of conversions, etc but a higher tablestop standard with more work on monsters/lords.  We're talking 2000-4000 pt armies, but i'd get $4K-$6K for them...

then i found, i cant manage that anymore as on ebay ppl want more for less, and for those who request models more as show pieces, there are much better artists than me doing better work for higher than my costs for solo models but not by tons, so instead now, i forward ppl to artists i know who do it as a job or are just much better and do it on the side. that way, i dont feel like im ripping ppl off with my level of quality .  

I'd recommend ppl like: matthieu fontaine, jeremy teboul, alan carrasco, matthew cexwish, bohun, etc.  

even if its more, that higher price is worth the money for the magic those guys can do.  

sanjay

So on $4K-6K  What was the profit margin on a job like that?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

I think the car and some investigators were supposed to be part of Chronoscope expo.  However, Ron said it so who really knows.  

If so, I am going to have to get a new woodburner so I can model bullet holes, etc.

Something like this. 20$ on Amazon.

Capturewoodburner.JPG

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:
36 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

I want giant ant people. WITH AN ANTEATER DRAGON. :wub:

NO!!! Bad xenomorph! <squirts on nose with water>  We are not starting another 100 page discussion on another animal dragon hybrid.

Still waiting on my corgi-dragon... 

Or hamster-dragon...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

If I were brave enough to trash-talk the Fit, I would first be sure I was right with my estate lawyer, life insurance, and god.  

I'm pretty sure the term "Fit" has been deprecated and "seizure" is the preferred term now.

• Haha 9

*Sad xenomorph hisses* You say that, but the last time we got results..... and when I threatened to start a riot over a dire vegetable, that got results too. ::P:

I'm just saying, I don't want anybody getting the wrong idea here. Then people start thinking they can just blow you out of an airlock on a whim.

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

1 minute ago, Guindyloo said:

Then people start thinking they can just blow you out of an airlock on a whim.

We've seen how well that goes. You came back, and we lost Ripley ::D:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2