Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

3 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

So on $4K-6K  What was the profit margin on a job like that?

well its hard to say.  since they had to send me the models OR they paid for me to buy them.  hourly...not much, but since i painted while watching tv with the wife,  i didnt use it in place of wwatching tv or something.  

but yeah, its not worth it hourly.   it was more like, wife and i wanted to do more expensive vacations than we normally would be able to afford, so for that year, ok, i'll try to do a few armies and generate the cash for it.  Or i want a higher end gaming PC, so let me paint for a few months for it, etc.

it was a decent injection of cash, but not worth it from an hourly POV and i certainly dont have the talent or customer base to do it fulltime, especially not compared to my actual fulltime job.

Sanjay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

So the bits and pieces I've picked up point to the Chronoscope Expansion being focused on 1920s/Chtulu sort of stuff? 

If that's true, while it's great for the fans of that sort of stuff, I hope it doesn't mean that there won't be any sci-fi at all. 

I agree, some scifi would be downright lovely! 

16 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

No, it's definitely the driver. Just picture the Penguin when he took over driving the Batmobile in Batman Returns - literally me when I'm driving home from work every day.

Yup.  Definitely glad you're way over there *flails arms, and points at random directions*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

I'm hoping that there is something to use the siege equipment on later on in the kickstarter.

I'd love to see a big keep and wall set similar to what MBA did several years ago, but affordable.

I'd actually like that about 150% more than I would a pirate ship, and I would LOOOOVE a pirate ship.

• Like 8

Just now, kristof65 said:

We've seen how well that goes. You came back, and we lost Ripley ::D:

I mean "lost"? Really? That's what happens to you when you torch an innocent mother's eggs with a flamethrower.

• Haha 11
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Ron seemed to indicate that there was a 1930s car, Pulp investigators, and a smaller Lovecraftian monster that all went together in some sort of”grouping”. 

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

*Sad xenomorph hisses* You say that, but the last time we got results..... and when I threatened to start a riot over a dire vegetable, that got results too. ::P:

I'm just afraid that I'm going to be the one who has to figure out how to sculpt it. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Just now, TaleSpinner said:

I'm just afraid that I'm going to be the one who has to figure out how to sculpt it. :unsure:

"afraid"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I believe in your ability to make magic, my friend.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

I dont think reaper should make those.  Trying to compete with Dwarven Forge wouldnt be good I think.  

Not to mention those of use who use Hirst Arts or those who sculpt foam.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crowley said:

"afraid"

Did you read the KS comments on the Wolf-Dragon? 

One of the general rules of life that I try to follow is "Never Read The Comments"

So, no... Bad?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My son took one look at those hands in spell effects 2, and wondered if we could get an extra set so we could convert one to be giving the finger. 

• Haha 9

10 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

I mean "lost"? Really? That's what happens to you when you torch an innocent mother's eggs with a flamethrower.

heartbreaking :down:
and uses grenades

10 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Ron seemed to indicate that there was a 1930s car, Pulp investigators, and a smaller Lovecraftian monster that all went together in some sort of”grouping”. 

Thats the thing thought....RON said it...

Edited by Bane Of Humanity
  • Like 1