ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

Just now, TaleSpinner said:

Did you read the KS comments on the Wolf-Dragon?

Just point out whoever I need to introduce to my children and we'll never speak of it again.

In all seriousness and no BS, I've seen a lot of people really excited about the Wolf-Dragon too, so don't focus on the people who don't like it. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Did you read the KS comments on the Wolf-Dragon? 

oof i imagine they weren't happy

i myself am not a fan of the wolf dragon either, but that's more just the wolf part isn't really striking my fancy, detail wise

i drew a cow dragon once. It was black and white spotted and ate grass by the acre. It also had four wings, the normal two and a pair of butt wings on its hips because it was so fat

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 2
  • Haha 11

The wolf dragon is fine as a model, I just don't see myself getting super excited about it because if I want to use it I need to either find a statblock to reflavor, or to build a new one just to get it to hit the table..

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, StarFyre said:

well its hard to say.  since they had to send me the models OR they paid for me to buy them.  hourly...not much, but since i painted while watching tv with the wife,  i didnt use it in place of wwatching tv or something.  

but yeah, its not worth it hourly.   it was more like, wife and i wanted to do more expensive vacations than we normally would be able to afford, so for that year, ok, i'll try to do a few armies and generate the cash for it.  Or i want a higher end gaming PC, so let me paint for a few months for it, etc.

it was a decent injection of cash, but not worth it from an hourly POV and i certainly dont have the talent or customer base to do it fulltime, especially not compared to my actual fulltime job.

Sanjay

I was contemplating on doing it on a WAY smaller scale.  Just prepaint some reaper bones and sell them.   Thats the thing though you gotta have the customers, and I dont think I have the talent to do anything fancy.

• Like 1

for some unkown and unfathomable reason, I kind of like the wolf dragon a little bit. 

True, it could use a little refining, but still....

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Guindyloo said:

And Christine, I wanted you to know that your Kid Heroes immediately went on my must-have list as well - they have so much personality and style to them, they're really fantastic.

Thank you so much! I can't wait to see how people paint them and hear all about their adventures! That was/is a project very special to me.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Rainbow Sculptor said:

I can't wait to see how people paint them and hear all about their adventures! That was/is a project very special to me.

I'm thinking that Bones 6 needs the same figures as Teen Heroes, Bones 7 needs them as Middle Aged Heroes and Bones 8 needs them as Elderly Heroes. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, kristof65 said:

I'm thinking that Bones 6 needs the same figures as Teen Heroes, Bones 7 needs them as Middle Aged Heroes and Bones 8 needs them as Elderly Heroes. 

Adventure Grandpas/Grandmas would be a definite purchase for me.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Crowley said:

One of the general rules of life that I try to follow is "Never Read The Comments"

So, no... Bad?

Yeah, pretty bad.  They got personal. I hope Chris wasn't reading them.

19 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

so don't focus on the people who don't like it. 

As @Rainbow Sculptor told me after I read a bunch of the Catoblepas comments there, "we're artists, we all have Impostor Syndrome."  She's not wrong.

• Like 6
  • Sad 8

19 minutes ago, cosxcam said:

The wolf dragon is fine as a model, I just don't see myself getting super excited about it because if I want to use it I need to either find a statblock to reflavor, or to build a new one just to get it to hit the table..

I was thinking a reskinned Griffon with a dragonborn's breath weapon and dire wolf's Pack Tactics and "knocked prone" feature when they bite?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Yeah, pretty bad.  They got personal. I hope Chris wasn't reading them.

As @Rainbow Sculptor told me after I read a bunch of the Catoblepas comments there, "we're artists, we all have Impostor Syndrome."  She's not wrong.

I hope my comment about your Goroloth didn't come across that way. I really like it and compared it to another model I really enjoy.

The Catoblepas is great IMO, I've been looking for a decent model for it for about a year and this is the first one still in print that I'd buy.

• Like 2

I was thinking more of a wargames use as a mount for a goblin chieftain or witch doctor. Kind of like the old orc war-wyvern.

Edited by Skallabjorn
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, rubegon said:

I was thinking a reskinned Griffon with a dragonborn's breath weapon and dire wolf's Pack Tactics and "knocked prone" feature when they bite?

I was also thinking a manticore chimera stat block without the multi head benefit and without the ram's head charge. Either way I don't always like work to fit it in when we already have a huge range of monsters that are in the books but desperately need minis for.

Edited by cosxcam
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, cosxcam said:

I was also thinking a manticore stat block without the multi head benefit and without the ram's head charge. Either way I don't always like work to fit it in when we already have a huge range of monsters that are in the books but desperately need minis for.

I think you meant chimera, there.

• Like 2