Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread

1 minute ago, RuneLyall said:

Ahhh Kero, so much more epic in his full form, Keroberos, Cerberus, whatever the spelling/pronunciation maybe, that is one epic guardian of the book :D Sorry, off-topic as all get out, but I wanted to say this regardless :P 

Oh hey, it's the guy asking me to buy pretty much every dragon in the Kickstarter.  Hi hun! ::P:

• Haha 4

Tomorrow my Pathfinder group is getting back together, first session of the new campaign. First game since the end of July. I know one guy is in the kickstarter, he's already texted me to brag about being Wave 1 :mellow:

Watch, I get my Wave 3 stuff before he does ::P:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Wow, it's a buzzkill to hear that something that I championed so hard last time around (Dragon Wolf) caused so much hatred and discontent. ::(:

To the artist that made my idea a  reality (  @Rainbow Sculptor, I think?)---thank you very much.

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Wow, it's a buzzkill to hear that something that I championed so hard last time around (Dragon Wolf) caused so much hatred and discontent. ::(:

To the artist that made my idea a  reality (  @Rainbow Sculptor, I think?)---thank you very much.

I thought the haters were nuts. I wasn't expecting it, but have immediately-applicable ideas of how to use it. 

If they offer it as a stand-alone add-on in the pledge manager, I'll probably get several (there are 10 core True Dragon types, after all...)

• Like 9

My kids and I are going to start a humblewood campaign probably soon after this fulfills. There is so much in this KS that will be great in that, and the dragon wolf will be a perfect villain or NPC patron, I haven't decided.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:

I thought the haters were nuts. I wasn't expecting it, but have immediately-applicable ideas of how to use it. 

If they offer it as a stand-alone add-on in the pledge manager, I'll probably get several (there are 10 core True Dragon types, after all...)

I mean it's dragons, bards are the only thing that has more unacknowledged children that are half another species. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

11 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

For some reason Kickstarter seems to bring out a lot of complaining.  "We would get more $$ faster if only Reaper would do things my way", "I hate that a specific mini is mixed in with the minis I want" and my least favorite, "Could everyone stop asking for something I don't want."

I entered my mounted Trista at RCon, not because she was my best piece I have done lately but because I wanted to show what you can do with the mounted minis I lobbied for in Bones 4.  That dragon wolf looks cool, interesting and unique.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

As a Bones KS newbie, I've found reading through this thread interesting trying to figure out what to expect. I'm really glad I did because the extra pictures and opinions have got me more excited about minis that didn't initially grab me, like the Goroloth (much cooler to me in the other angles you posted, thanks @TaleSpinner!), Valfuryx the green dragon (I didn't even realize it was the same model for over a day because the stumpy tail in the outdated KS pic was such an immediate turnoff), and yeah, the Dragon Wolf too. Mostly because the head fur of the Dragon Wolf is shaggier than I prefer. But with the ideas to stat it up, I could see it being a cool custom Find Greater Steed option for a 5e Paladin.

I'm sort of glad I'm unemployed, because my hubby does not have time to read through the forums, so I wish they'd update and correct the KS a bit more.

Both of our top must-buys from the previews aren't unlocked yet, the cloud giantess and the hippogriff. If they're both in the Greek expansion, we'll have to get it, though I hope the final Cerberus looks more defined than in that pic. I don't mind the smoother fur, but the face detail doesn't pop for me. Hopefully it's just a blurry pic.

• Like 13

The dragon wolf is silly good fun. So what it isn't for everyone? Can't expect a many-hundreds-of-figures project to have every figure perfect for every person. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

The dragon wolf is silly good fun. So what it isn't for everyone? Can't expect a many-hundreds-of-figures project to have every figure perfect for every person. 

This is pretty much the attitude I'm going with for several of the sets.  If it has enough I'm interested in, I'm going in for it.  Stuff I'm not quite as interested in will then become "fodder" for things like trying out new painting techniques or styles, or of course go into boxes of goodwill, or swapped with others locally.  The stuff we really want?  Probably going to have at least two of each of those...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Important linguistic tip:

Cerberus

220px-Hercules_and_Cerberus_LACMA_65.37.

Cerebus

Image result for cerebus

Not quite the same.

I wouldn't mind one of each...

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Morggey said:

Both of our top must-buys from the previews aren't unlocked yet, the cloud giantess and the hippogriff. If they're both in the Greek expansion, we'll have to get it, though I hope the final Cerberus looks more defined than in that pic. I don't mind the smoother fur, but the face detail doesn't pop for me. Hopefully it's just a blurry pic.

that's my hopes, that it was just the fact it was a screen grab from a video, and htat when the model is revealed it will have more to it

also yea, i'm worried i'll have to get the greek expansion. I want the hippogriff, and i want hte hydra, and cerberus and who knows what other beasties they will put in there i want

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

that's my hopes, that it was just the fact it was a screen grab from a video, and htat when the model is revealed it will have more to it

also yea, i'm worried i'll have to get the greek expansion. I want the hippogriff, and i want hte hydra, and cerberus and who knows what other beasties they will put in there i want

Yeah. I figure, I love that hippogriff so much I would already pay $20+ for it, hubby loves the cloud giantess that much, he likes the storm giant, and I like the hydra, the Amazon, and the harpies. So if there are some foot soldiers we don't like, or the Cerberus isn't so defined, it's still worth it for us.

At least with the Cerberus, I can have fun with painted fur texture. It's already better than the dollar store zombie dogs I did when I first started, and those were a blast.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

Tomorrow my Pathfinder group is getting back together, first session of the new campaign. First game since the end of July. I know one guy is in the kickstarter, he's already texted me to brag about being Wave 1 :mellow:

Watch, I get my Wave 3 stuff before he does ::P:

@NebulousMissy you HAVE to make up a "Gentle-Lady character" from that PDF!

• Haha 7