Jump to content

Reaper Bones 5: Enthusiasm and Commentary thread


ladystorm

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm glad there's been updates and images posted. I was worried about nothing happening until Monday.

I'm intrigued by the daimyo goblins and will need to check those out. Probably not enough to get my budget. I might need to double if i want both of the undersea and classical expansions. Or maybe not much more if i don't

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Reaper follows Bones 4 to retail, the expansions would be the first to retail. Just gotta wait till the expansion items you wanted go live. Which is a good way to release really (& not because I didn't get Dreadmere or Darkreach & those were the first two released. ::D:)\

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, haldir said:

If Reaper follows Bones 4 to retail, the expansions would be the first to retail. Just gotta wait till the expansion items you wanted go live. Which is a good way to release really (& not because I didn't get Dreadmere or Darkreach & those were the first two released. ::D:)\

 

where as for me, fan favorites was what i didn't get, and it appears to be the last one they're releasing =P

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

 

where as for me, fan favorites was what i didn't get, and it appears to be the last one they're releasing =P

 

They are in the ones I did get so overall new releases will be sorta ho hum for me. Thou, it'll be nice if I need extras. Thinking I might need anther bear, thou my purchases now are mostly influenced by the AL games I run at the store these days.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am very impressed by the 3rd part of the Daimyo - despite my intentions its gone from the "wait for retail" category to the "maybe" group. 

I think id spend at least 30 getting just the pieces I want from retail. 

as for the new dragon - it goes straight into the maybe group.  I can't get all the dragons, ill have to pick 1-2 or just possibly 1 if I go with the core. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

i suppose that's a point...it's just such a pain to get rid of minis i don't want. I don't have anyone local to trade with, and i don't like selling on ebay. oh wells, i'll have to consider it

Can always jump into a BoGW trade away anything you won't use for things you do.  Plus it's always a great time seeing what everyone else finds and gets excited about.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Rainbow Sculptor said:

For those of you asking, here are the renders for the other kids. The polar bear (Tuktu) has already been resized to about twice as big as pictured here.

 

 

Thanks Christine.  That little dragon sculpt is awesome, btw!  People love the big dragons, but I’m happy to see such a cool design for a smaller one that isn’t such a big commitment to paint.

 

Are the big pets (obv not the birds) all on separate integral bases?  That would be great because it would make them all more versatile for game use - familiars “help”ing, scouting, etc. (and more minis!).  The core set graphic seems to show them that way.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Disserrma said:

Can always jump into a BoGW trade away anything you won't use for things you do.  Plus it's always a great time seeing what everyone else finds and gets excited about.

 

i haven't participated in that in years, the last few times i did i actually didn't find anything in the box i wanted and just donated stuff and sent in on, so i've kind of stopped participating :ph34r:

 

i think i'll wait though, i cannot justify the $50 when it's only the dragon i want

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, rubegon said:

Are the big pets (obv not the birds) all on separate integral bases?  That would be great because it would make them all more versatile for game use - familiars “help”ing, scouting, etc. (and more minis!).  The core set graphic seems to show them that way.

 

Yes, the larger pets will all have separate integral bases. We wanted a variety of pets, some that were attached to the main figure and some that were separate to suit different player needs/wants. Currently the wolf, dragon, polar bear, tiger, and ram are separate figures. The toucan, owl, and ferret are attached.

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm already concocting character sheets for those kids. I love the diversity of cultures they represent. I think viking-girl is my favorite right now.

 

Just noticed the Knight with the toucan has slashed pants! So good!

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

 

i haven't participated in that in years, the last few times i did i actually didn't find anything in the box i wanted and just donated stuff and sent in on, so i've kind of stopped participating :ph34r:

 

i think i'll wait though, i cannot justify the $50 when it's only the dragon i want

Sorry to hear that about the BoGW.  And yea if the dragon is the only thing in that set that calls to you waiting til retail makes sense.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...